Backup of CM

I only put this to the top for I really hate not being able to make backup copy of my favorite games/apps and putting the original away until the backup gets damaged.

BEFORE ANY SMARK A$$/FLAME comments come my way I bought two copies of the game so there. tongue.gif Backups should be everyones right, for accidents do happen. Besides, if the CD's are serialed then pirated copies can be traced back to the purchaser and backups should not be a concern towards piracy. biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carentan:

I backed up my copy of my CM disc with my burner... works fine.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the post Carentan, good to know we can make a backup and place our precious original in a jewel case that is locked in a lead box that is placed in a fire-proof safe you have in the bomb shelter in your back yard. smile.gif

Carentan -

Are you able to play the game with the backup?

I was able to create a backup (even with the funky tutorial file name).

I then did an install from the backup and started the game - got the "CD Required" message.

Can't play the game with the backup frown.gif

Mind you, I have a read/write CD-Rom drive, not a separate cd-burner "component" - maybe that's the problem?

Backups are essential - curious children, spiteful spouses, teething pets - all are constant dangers smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thomasj:

...place our precious original in a jewel case that is locked in a lead box that is placed in a fire-proof safe you have in the bomb shelter in your back yard. smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I put my backup CD in a zinc box, soldered it shut and sunk it in a picturesque lake in the Austrian Alps. (It's the traditional German way of keeping valuables safe.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kurtz:

I put my backup CD in a zinc box, soldered it shut and sunk it in a picturesque lake in the Austrian Alps. (It's the traditional German way of keeping valuables safe.)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhhhhhhh That's what I was missing! KEWL. Thanks for the heads up! biggrin.gif