Hamsters -- the bravest of all rodents

I continue to be shocked and appalled at the constant denigration of hamsters on this site. Anyone with half a brain recognizes the dominance of hamsters and only a fool could question their bravery. Who here has not been told a story of hamster contribution? Who among us have not lamented the fate of the naked mole rat? I'm sure we are all acquainted with the history of Wisconsin, that great American state. Do I need to bring up Rikitikitavi? Sure, he was a mongoose (which I don't think is a rodent) -- but he _knew_ a lot of hamsters!

I do not claim to speak for hamsterdom or any specific hamster-type, but I do speak the truth. Be warned, ye of little-hamster-faith, the day shall come when cross the looming shadow of a hamster. And then, my friend, you shall know fear!

Yes Peter has one of those "special" relationships, that which canna be spoke aloud

------------------

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting" - Sun Tzu

I do not love hamsters; I merely recognize that they are deserving of more respect than they are shown by many on this board.

When the Japanese defeated the German horde at Dunkirk to end the American Revolution, can you name any rodents other than hamsters that were there?

When Rasputin and the other Commmunists were forced onto the Long March to Australia, what furry, fun-loving creature did they select as travelling companions?

When the bubonic plague savaged the Arctic after World War II and caused the American "baby-boom" generation, what noble little animal stepped forward to sacrifice themselves in the name of birth control?

When Lichtenstein first sent life into orbit around this world, what brave rodent was used (hint: one of them was named Sputnik)?

After the end of the Cold War, when the Viking Norsemen poured out of sweltering Madagascar to savage the known world, what small fierce domesticated pet waved on their banners?

Answer these questions my friends, and you shall know why the hamster is a rodent to be honored, not ridiculed.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olduvai:

Funny funny stuff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Olduvai, I demand that you make your way into the Cesspool where you must post your humorous things with great proclivity. If you do not do this, you will be cursed for ever.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

I thought I was fairly knowledgable until this...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olduvai:

I do not love hamsters; I merely recognize that they are deserving of more respect than they are shown by many on this board.

When the Japanese defeated the German horde at Dunkirk to end the American Revolution, can you name any rodents other than hamsters that were there?

When Rasputin and the other Commmunists were forced onto the Long March to Australia, what furry, fun-loving creature did they select as travelling companions?

When the bubonic plague savaged the Arctic after World War II and caused the American "baby-boom" generation, what noble little animal stepped forward to sacrifice themselves in the name of birth control?

When Lichtenstein first sent life into orbit around this world, what brave rodent was used (hint: one of them was named Sputnik)?

After the end of the Cold War, when the Viking Norsemen poured out of sweltering Madagascar to savage the known world, what small fierce domesticated pet waved on their banners?

Answer these questions my friends, and you shall know why the hamster is a rodent to be honored, not ridiculed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>