Use Main Gun? Yes/No

Im quite new to this game and have a question: When you have a tank and you target a squad of infantry and it asks you wether or not you wanna use the Main Gun, what do you use? Personally I have found that not using the main gun causes more casualties, but using the main gun is a good way to keep them down and to prevent them from firing. Does it depend on the situation?

What are your opinions?

------------------

¤§ïѤ

It really depends on the target and what kind of turret the tank has. Generally, if the infantry is stationary or moving towards/away from the tank, I'll use the main gun (ammo permitting). For crossing targets (especially close-in with slow/non-turreted armor), I'll only use MGs since the chance to hit with the main armament is usually not very good anyway. AT teams will nearly always draw the big guns (unless fleeing or 250-300m away) smile.gif

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

I use the combo when I have a nice field of fire from supporting infantry. Depending on troop quality, you get the targeted troops to break, in which case they run into a withering field of fire before they seek cover again.

Good point about HE and AP. I typically allow the tank to fire the main gun for only one minute when I am unaware of near threats.

------------------

"Two World Wars and One World Cup, do da, do da!"

--British Hooligan, sung to Camptown Races