Your favorite saying when PBEM files are late

Of course it depends who you are playing against but if a file is not in your mailbox - how do you request it - My 2 favorites

1) WHERE ARE MY FILES?

2) You may not have received it so I am sending it to oyu again

and the usual excuse I get is (well from Pat)

Oh sorry I must have forgotten to attach it to my email eek.gif

Someone out there must be more creative!

------------------

No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy

Gees, I can always be relied upon to attach the wrong file or forget to attach it at all wink.gif.

Of course, usually my opponents don't mind since my forgetting to attach a file gives them an extra day or so to come up with a way to try and survive a minute or two longer wink.gif.

Ah, you see, when Stefan wants his files, it's an emergency.

But then sometimes it takes him a couple of days to send me the files back, or he sends them after I have gone to bed.

So the next day, when I return home from work, there is an e-mail waiting for me with this subject line:

WHERE ARE MY FILES?!

It's all relative.

We have been pretty good so far, Stef, you are just brewing up trouble because you have nothing better to do.

tongue.gif

Remember, I am still designing that map for your other game... (Where's the tornado weather option in scenario design? No hail, either, I would love to see that, or freezing rain...) biggrin.gif

I always use a phrase like "In case you missed this" or in "In case I didn't send this" and attach my last file to them.

Playing PBEM with people I do not or barely know requires a degree of humility and tolerance. If I had come home from an unscheduled 2 day business trip to find a "Where's My File" note...I might take it the wrong way, and think the sender rude or self-centered (Most likely NOT the Case). It might take away the fun of banter and light hearted exchange that we all enjoy.

Ha! I taunt you again! Stefan, I see that you are out here on the board wasting time while you should be whipping up the next turn in the American rout of the Germans in "Move It or Lose It." The Americans will not stand for such stall tactics! biggrin.gif

P.S. Where's my files??? hehe

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

When I am met with demands for late PBEM files I use the tried and true "My dog ate it." excuse.

When asking for files from others I typically begin with a spate of profanity, followed by invective, topped off with a bit of verbal evisceration, punctuated by incoherent taunts and combaiku. If the file does not arrive within moments of my tirade, I will then fall back on simple toddler-like whining.

Peng

------------------

A Journey of a thousand miles starts with a single gunshot wound to the foot.

When my PBEM files are not immediately forthcoming, the two phrases that I immediately apply to the situation are:

1) Lord, did I send anything off last night? And to who? Was it actually a PBEM file, or Japanese Manga erotic jpegs, again?

2) My god, where are my clothes?! Whose house is this?! Is that a goddamn Britney Spears CD on the stereo! Nice doggy, nice doggy, I'm leaving, calm down...

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.