Allied minor victory my a**

I just finished the Carentan campaign as the Germans.

Allied losses: 1239 cas. (641 KIA), 6 captured, 10 mortars, 67 vehicles

Men OK: 34

German losses: 321 (164 KIA), 6 guns, 43 vehicles.

Men OK: 409

Add to that the fact that as the defender, I controlled more ground than I had at the start of the game...

Tell me why I didn't win!

Same happened to me too, about same stats ending in a Allied minor victory instead of a German major vivtory which I was assuming.

I assume you HAVE to push the allies back further almost off the map and annihilate them to gain victory but hey just have way to many men.

eek.gif

Johnno Out

I haven't played this scenario, and I'm just speculating, but perhaps it is because you lost so many vehicles? I'm guessing the Germans had a harder time re-supplying lost troops and vehicles, so perhaps that loss of vehicles counted a lot against you than the allied loss did against them?

Just guessing, but I agree, that does suck!

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

You can't base any assumptions on vehicle losses right now, because there is a problem with the way destroyed vehicles are tabulated for results in operations. For example, lets say you have an opertion that lasts for nine battles and you lose a single vehicle in the first battle. For the entire remainder of the operation you don't lose any more vehicles. When the results are shown at the end, it will say that you lost 9 vehicles.

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killmore:

How about this:

I surrendered to overwhelming power of Allies and got a DRAW!

(I did kill 3 times as many tanks as the did...)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe its got something to do with your sig????

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918