Panter 75mm gun - does any other AFV has it?

Yeah,

but only the Jagdpanzer IV L/70 had it. Actually there were 2 versions, the Vomag and the Alkett version. The Vomag is modelled in the game (some 930 produced from 8/44-3/45).

It suffered heavily from being nose heavy which resulted in frequent failures of the rubber tyred wheels, hence later models were fitted steel rimmed wheels at the first 2 stations.

The "normal" Jagdpanzer IV had the L/48 gun (some 770 produced from 1/44-11/44).

Helge

------------------

Sbelling chequed wyth MICROSOFT SPELLCHECKER - vorgs grate!

- The DesertFox -

Email: desertfox1891@hotmail.com

WWW: http://www.geocities.com/desertfox1891

Well, as my handle attests, I'm kinda partial to the ole Jagdpanzer myself. Put one in a good hulldown position with fully protected flanks and it can be a mean little bugger, especially with the L/70 and the 80MM of well sloped armor up front. I played a quick battle and had one setup in a little valley behind a stone wall and I took out 4 Shermans and a couple M8s before the one remaining Sherman 76 finally penetrated its frontal armor. I'm sure it took at least 10 ricos before succumbing.

------------------

"Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you. Take it easy, Dude." -- The Stranger

The Dude abides.

The 'honor' of being the sole panzer with a unique big gun is the Tiger I.

The 88L56KWK was not fitted to any vehicle I can think of other than Tiger I. Though related to the FLAK 88, I believe it even fired its own ammunition that had an electrical firing cap. I have always thought the Tiger I should have been retrofitted with the panther gun when it came out. It would have made supply so much easier as well as repair and salvage. Perhaps ammo stowage would have increased too.

I believe the french based the amx13 75mm post war gun on the panther BTW.

Lewis

I do recall reading somewhere that the type of AFV that American tankers feared most in Italy was the STUG.

The Mk IV, Panther and Tiger were relatively easy to spot, but German AFVs with low profiles were a real pain.

Babra,

Nope you misread me (perhaps I wasn´t clear enough wink.gif )

I meant the Alkett version of the JgPzIV L/70 isn´t included. IIRC the L/48 version is in as far as I can judge this from pics and lists.

Grrr. still waiting for the game to arrive at my mailbox.

Helge

------------------

Sbelling chequed wyth MICROSOFT SPELLCHECKER - vorgs grate!

- The DesertFox -

Email: desertfox1891@hotmail.com

WWW: http://www.geocities.com/desertfox1891

[This message has been edited by The DesertFox (edited 07-12-2000).]