Is the crew more important than the tank

Heres the problem: I had a PzIV J flank a group of 3 shermans. My king tiger way back where is picking them off and my J is supposed to move in and clean up. Well he moves in and spots a running crew of the tanks and an M4 sherman. So my stupid J targets the crew and BAM! gets knocked out by the Sherman. The turret was already facing the Sherman, but the J rotates twoard the running crew instead. Wasn't this supposed to be fixed in 1.3? Who had the idea for court marshalls? My J crew would get all of them.

Well, a couple of points come up here.

1) Your Pz IVj may not have seen the Sherman that whacked it, but did see the crew.

2) Yes, historically at least, the crew was far more important than the machine. A tank can be built far quicker (and with less cost) than properly training a crew.

But my guess is that number one applies here.

------------------

It's a mother-beautiful bridge and it's gonna be THERE.

i dont know if this is true in CM and i hope a more CM educated person can answer. it may have been the case that the KTiger had spotted the sherman and altho your J had LOS he hadnt actually seen it. this would be realistic and appears to have happened to me b4. is this th case or if one unit spots a target and a second unit has LOS does the second unit automatically know its there...any ideas

I know I've ready somewhere before that each unit has independent spotting. You can see the sherman because the KT has spotted it, but just because you see it, does not mean that the PzIV had spotted it, which is why it might have gone after the crew. Just because there is LOS does not mean that it's spotted. Of course it could also have been the targeting code at work. Remember, that the code was, IIRC, "tweaked" to try and minimize the occurance of crew fixation, but in theory, it would still be possible.

Mikey