Detonator 2 drivers for Nvidia cards

biggrin.gif I am happy because I have made some wise investment on a CL Geforce DDR biggrin.gif FSAA biggrin.gif

...and of course, my Powerbook biggrin.gif

Griffin @ home

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Eh --- I'm waiting for nVidia to start shipping their new SB15 chipset. Till then, I'll just suffer with my TNT2.

Hey CCJ: You really see that much improvement over the last Detonator .0368 drivers? I kinda like the info suite that came with my Elsa card, and am waffling on installing nVidia's latest edition...

[This message has been edited by von Lucke (edited 06-10-2000).]

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I just installed these Detonator drivers for Nvidia / Win 98. The graphics & smoothness have been improved, but there is a possible bug to squash....

Whenever I minimize Combat Mission, the graphics go away, but the sounds are still there. I end up having to exit by pushing ALT-Q, and pushing "yes" blind. On one attempt, it reset my CM resolution to 640X480, and I was forced to reinstall CM.

Outing Time!

1- I have a Riva TNT2 M64 Graphic Card with 32MB and Windows 98, are this new drivers of any use for me?

2- When they are of any use, which drivers exactly do i have to dl? Is TNTW9X.exe the right one?

3- Is there anything important to pay attention for when i install the new drivers?

I really fear to botch something with my system.

Thanks in advance

Schugger

PS

No smileys were used because they were ashamed to appear in this message. There are some rumours that some of them prepare an ambush for MrPeng. Wait.... there is a straggler... confused.gif ...obviously uncertain what to do...

Foobar - I don't think that would be driver related???

Try ALt-TAB

Schugger, the DET 2 drivers work for all Nvidia cards :0 One size fits all, except you won't get the FSAA option wink.gif Yeap that driver should work fine.

The smoothness increase is noticable, especially in OpenGL.

Make sure you follow the installation instructions in the readme. Don't install the executable in the zip file.

ccj

Guest *Captain Foobar*

CCJ:

Yep, I just tried minimizing CM wirth ALT-TAB

instead of ESCAPE as normal, and it was the same problem.

I have an intel P3-450, 128 megs RAM, and an Nvidia TNT-2 32mb ULTRA (tweaked).

Do me a favor, try minimizing the game DURING the movie phase. I am hoping someone can replicate this problem.

Thanx

risc: I would strongly suggest you get one of the new improved Athlons

(code name thunderbird) instead of a PIII. The Athlons are faster,

cheaper, just as stable and you don't need that overly expensive rambus ram

to make them go fast. smile.gif

risc: The SB15 is nVidia's code name for it's next generation (post-GeForce) 3D accelerator chip. I don't know the particulars, but it uses something called "bump-mapping" and is supposed to be even hotter than the GeForce2. Out sometime next year...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by von Lucke:

risc: The SB15 is nVidia's code name for it's next generation (post-GeForce) 3D accelerator chip.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sure you don't mean the NV15? That's what's in the Geforce2... Their next chip is codenamed NV20 and is expected near the end of the year.

There is only one DET 2 driver there, just download the win95/98.zip version. Then manually unzip the file.

* read the readme in the zip! Its there its for a reason. It outlines in full detail how to install it.

Ok basicly this is what you do

1)Right click on desktop, go into Settings>Advanced>Adaptor >Change - then change your driver to a standard VGA driver (select next, display a list of drivers). Reboot windows when it asks you after you select OK.

2)You should be in 640x480 - 16 colours. Ok repeat the above steps, except instead of choosing VGA, select have disk, and go to the folder you unpacked the driver to. select Nvidia TNT2, select Finish>Ok, then reboot. It will reboot to a new res and refresh rate.

Right click and go setup up the screen resolutions and refresh rates to taste.

Also goto to Nvidia tab and select additional properties, and configure the graphics quality you desire

Now that asn't hard was it??? biggrin.gif

ccj

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 06-11-2000).]

Guest *Captain Foobar*

(hanging my head in shame) you'd be surprised, CCJ. But , everything is functional now, so I will just chalk that up to a learning experience

Well I'm not risking using generic nVidia drivers. I'm gonna wait till Diamond comes out with newer ones. Their latest are still pretty new, 2-03-00. In fact, those were the second DirectX 7 compatible drivers they came out with. I'm using the 368 drivers, the other ones were 353.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-11-2000).]