Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Meta Campiagn

Yea, well kiwijoe before we start worrying aboutthe Meta campaign i would want the game first.And since we live in NZ ,id would guess we gotta about another week.I WANT IT NOW smile.gif

------------------

"Some people don't see the light until they first feel the heat"

Kiwi is right. Even some GMs don't have the game yet frown.gif

I think a first schedule to CMMC could be posted around end of July. Then, the players must receive their assignement and play with this forces a month or so to get used to his command.

Then their must learn the Rules and Procedures for Staff Positions...

Actually, the rules are being done at good pace.

If you don't signed yet, e-mail Fionn and you could be best informed through the CMMC Mail List.

Ariel

Guest Germanboy

There was an update by Fionn on the CMMC mailing list not to long ago. If you sign up you will get access to the mailing list archive and could have a look. The gist of it is: don't hold your breath.

------------------

Andreas

I'm a GM so I'll clarify some of this. The short answer is, CMMC will not start for several months, maybe even longer. There are a number of reasons why:

1. At least all the GMs, many of whom are across 1 or more oceans, need to get the game and become proficient with the editor.

2. All players need to get the game and gain experience using the types of units they will have in CMMC.

3. The GMs have to use the editor to set up a bunch of typical bombardment type things to develop CRTs for use in CMMC when units not on the front line get nuked.

4. The whole CMMC rules and admin system needs to be tested, so the GMs are going to have at least 1 CPX, probably 2, maybe even 3. This depends on how much rules tweaking needs to be done after each CPX. A CPX will be just moving units around and totally abstracting combat, so each should happen fairly quickly.

5. Once the CPX phase is over, we may very well have to do a very small CMMC with actual PBEM involved to test that part of the system.

Only after we're sure the whole thing will work will be start the real CMMC. It would do nobody any good to get started and all worked up about it, only to have to pull the plug on the whole show because of fatal rules errors.

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I am actually relieved that it isnt starting for awhile. Although I am very much looking forward to the CMMC, I just want some time to goof off with this game, and get real comfortable with it.

I want to get good at it before I am obligated to compete. smile.gif

------------------

Life is tough...Its even tougher if you're stupid...