Thanks guys for the help

I don't know if you remember but a couple of weeks back i posted saying I must be a newbie cause i could be the first scenario in the demo called Close Encounter. Well many of you gave me suggestions. And i have to say they helped immensly. I was able to beat that 40 turn mission in 11 turns. And this time none of my tanks were knocked out. Although one got "stuck" on the way. I don't know how to get the tank out. Anyway i took your advice of not just sending the tanks in without infantry support. Now that i think of it that was so stupid of me to send em in without cover. Plus this time i attacked the Panzerschrek guys first so that they couldn't take out my armor. I gotta tell ya those tanks do so much damage to the other guys. man it was fun to see the other sides' morale down and broken. Much better than having my troops in that condition.

fdevassy,

The best way to prevent tanks from bogging is to assign a squad of combat engineers to each tank, and have them lay an asphalt road ahead of the tank as it advances forward into battle. During battles in heavy fog or at night I recommend you use 2 squads, the second one will install reflectors on each side of the road. Good luck smile.gif

------------------

...This is Romeo-Foxtrot, shall we dance?...

Once you get the full game, you will encounter wet, snow and mud terrain. NEVER EVER move your tanks faster than "hunt" on these ground conditions, because they will bog down for sure if you do. And stick to the roads whenever possible.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game