How about... CMBO special edition?

I'm sure this has been talked to death and dismissed by Charles, Steve, Matt and anyone else with clout. But I just have to ask...

Why not release a special edition of CMBO that is essentially the original CMBO models and data placed atop the CMBB game engine? The CMBO data (which is already modelled and available to BTS) added to the CMBB engine (which is already programmed by BTS) would give us an instantly improved Western Front CM!

Heck, BTS wouldn't even have to invest time in making scenarios: perhaps they could contract Boots and Tracks to adapt the CMBO scens through the CMBB scen maker. BTS could choose from among the hundreds of CMBO mods out there for the best graphics.

BTS could sell this as a new product during the market "downtime" of CM-II's development, and I'm sure it would sell. This would seem to be a fairly minimal investment of resources for a very high gain!

OK, shoot me down now. A man can dream, can he not?

That is an intriguing idea. I believe it has been mentioned many times before though.

There are some inherent problems just plugging one game into the other. The fact is, that even though it may appear that the games are very similar the code driving both games is extremely different.

Personally, I still think the game engine rewrite is an appropriate next step and wouldn't want to see that delayed. Even though the game looks amazing now, there are some things that could use some updating in the engine department outside of graphical switches.

So...while it's an admirable suggestion, I just think we will all have to wait until the promised West Front release comes back around in 6 or 7 years. Till then...just stay tuned for more amazing gameplay! smile.gif