Building targeting issue

In the Elsdorf battle I have found it frustrating that I can see multi-story buildings from a certain position where a tank is located but the tank can not target the building. It's as if the building is single story when it comes to LOS/targetting. Although there are many realistic aspects to CM, building targeting doesn't seem right in a visual sense. BTW, this is using 1.03 (I'm using this because of a ongoing PBEM battle).

[This message has been edited by Biff (edited 08-28-2000).]

Guest Michael emrys

I've been targetting the upper story of buildings for area fire in a current QB without any trouble. I'm using 1.0.4; don't know if that makes any difference.

Michael

Perhaps my problem is the main gun elevation

capability of certain tanks. I noticed that when I was viewing at level 1 from the German tank position that the target line would not rise over the top of the single story buildings (using 1.05). Is this reasonable? Does the game list gun elevation info somewhere?

This is an odd issue -- sometimes it seems like I don't have trouble targetting the upper levels of buildings for area fire, but other times I can't do it (and I know I have LOS because I can trace a blue LOS line to a "last known enemy position" symbol on the upper story). Michael, when you target the upper level, do you have LOS to the ground floor?

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley