Thanks CM!!!

I would like to thank everyone involved with making CM. The have put in a great amount of effort and time to bring us a great game. But I would really like to thank them for including units from other nationalites, other than American and Germans. You guys are an American company and you still show the Canadian, British, Free French and Poles as well as the American and German Forces. I am very happy that at least some people acknowladge that other countries were fighing and dying too. In the CC4 Forum I posted that CC5 should have Different nationalties involved, It seems that most Close Combat players want American units only again.....that is sad. ANy way thanks for putting in different units.

And here is a question..what was better armed during ww2 And AMerican Platoon or a Brit Commonwealth one?

Personally I think they were equal.

The LEE Enfield could be fired faster and more accuratly than most semi-auto rifles The Bren Gun was In my opinion the best LMG the Allies had and well the Sten gun Stank, but we managed to get tommy guns through land lese.

and PIAT, ALthough akward had a better chance at penetrating armor than a zook' did.

Anyway Thanks CM developers smile.gif

Well I have to disagree (in part) about your comparison of the Lee Enfield vs the Garand. First off, I own a Lee Enfield and love it. It's my favorite rifle of WW2, but I have also done a lot of Garand firing and you can fire a garand quicker, which translates to less movement behind the sights and better sustained accuracy in combat conditions. Especially since the level of marksmanship training was declining as the war went on with British manpower being a real issue. (It's not like we're talking the 1914 BEF, those were some riflemen!)

However just on the range when there's no time crunch the Lee Enfield is very damn accurate, probably more so than a Garand though I have never done any scientific comparison.

I sort of agree about the Bren though I don't think you would have found very men BAR men that would have traded their weapon in for a BREN. And the Sten, which is a piece of ****, IMO, and most others that that I work with on these matters. (I've fired most everything).

PIAT I don't have any experience with, though how long after the war did the PIAT hand around?

Cheers...

Los

The Firepower of the Canadian/British/Polish infantry squad was one of my concerns. The Germans had many SMG squads with lots of firepower even though they only contain 8-10 men. The American squad has 12 men, plus the strong M1 Rifle. Sure, their support weapons (Tommy Gun, and BAR) are not up to par (indeed, they were both developed at the end of WWI!) this is all made up by the higher fire power of their regular soldier.

The Commonwealth and Polish squads though appear to be handycapped. They have 10 men per squad, Bolt Action Rifles, a Cruddy SMG, and only a spectacular LMG to make up for the rest of the Squad's firepower deficiency. Indeed, they will be very powerful for long range engagements, but, close the range enough and the German SMG squads will chew them up. I am not aware of the mass use of British SMG squads also (even though 10 men with Sten's isn't much of a threat). Will there be something to make up for the typical British squad's weakness?

What about 50mm mortors? Most nations went for bigger and better weapons, but, I am sure that the Commonwealth troops still had these as squad/platoon support weapons. I could be wrong, but, are they modeled, or are they just too much like grenades to be counted as a seperate weapon?

How good is the Vickers HMG? It is a relic from the beginning of the Century, but, still a very powerful and threatening looking weapon. I would definitely assume that you cannot run with one of these bohemiths!

The PIAT, well, I can say one thing about this, it is much better than it's predacessor, the Boys AT Rifle. That gun didn't have the penetration power to shoot through the open hatch of a Sherman!

Has anyone (Anyone testing the 'full' version that is...) seen or used a 20mm AA gun in action? The Germans had the Flakverling of 4 20mm AA guns on one chasis, one big threat indeed! Not to rely on SPR too much, but, they look pretty nasty. Will troops treat these as they do to HMGs? How good are AA guns against marauding aircraft anyway? I am pretty sure that an 88mm will be pretty much useless against such a low and fast flying aircraft, especially when engaging enemy tanks at the same time!

[This message has been edited by Major Tom (edited 01-02-100).]