Demo problem...

Ok, i posted before that when I tried playing the demo, it'd freeze on "Loading 3d Graphics", now it just crashes back to the desktop after about 30 seconds of "Loading 3d Graphics"

I have a 200mhz computer. No 3d card, and like 64mbs ram. Now I was able to run the beta demo, but i can't run this one. Someone please help. And yes, I know, I need to get a 3dcard. I take donations. smile.gif

I'm sure you have shut down all the background programs with ctrl-alt-del then shut down everything but Explorer and Systray? Run scandisk and defrag the Hard Drive?

I hate to state the obvious but it sounds like you need a more powerful video card or a stronger cpu. Both would be best but I'd suggest looking for older 3d cards in the bargain areas or even used cards. It pays to call around to smaller pc/mac shops and find out what they have.

As far as donations are concerned I have an old Trident 8meg video card around here someplace...I think it's even 3d. But I think for a small investment you can do better.

Guest ChrisC1009

Delete the Combat Mission Demo Prefs file from the Combat Mission Dir.

Restart, pick the 640X480 resolution and see how that works.

I just picked up a Voodoo3 2000 for $149 CDN. It made all the difference in the world and I'm running 166Mhz with 32mb. Bang for the buck can't be beat for older machines that have little hope of being upgraded anytime soon.

Just wanted to lend some moral support. I'm running an old pentium 200mmx. There's nothing wrong with trying to get some more life out of your machine. $150 may be a great deal on a 3d card, but it's still $150 dollars that can go for more games, parts for your bike, or a fun weekend with the wife.

You might try overclocking to get a little more life out of your system. Mine is overclocked to 225mhz right now. It seems like just enough to get under the minimum requirements for many games, when used in combination with a 3d card. You could try asking around about a card. You might come up with one for free. My card is a Stealth II by Diamond. It has 4mb of RAM and is going for about $30 retail right now. I wouldn't be surprised if someone wouldn't give you one of these for nothing.