Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Please help me get the 1.1 patch

I don't have home internet access, so I can't download the patch directly. I pulled it from my work PC, but the file was well over 1.44MB and wouldn't fit on a floppy. I unpacked the patch into its components and then zipped the .exe itself as it is the biggest file of them all. It's still too big (1.40MB) to fit on a floppy.

Can somebody help me shrink the file even more?

Thanks

DjB

Use WinAce as it produces 20 to 30% lighter files.

Or do a simple multiple floppies Zip and you'll be done.

If all fails, stick to 1.05 till they release the next one...

biggrin.gif

------------------

Here it is with MIME encoding, because you're french...

Chrisl on PBEM

Hey Doug!

A little off-topic here, but weren't you the one who asked for a B-17 II review from one of us guys in Europe?

Well, I'd write you one, but I do suck at writing reviews.

Best you go have a look at bombs-away.net's B17-II forum, before you draw your wallet.

This doesn't mean it sucks (it's actually quite good, provided you liked B-17 "the original") but there are a couple of irritating little drawbacks.

Sorry, no help for the file shrinking.

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.

Doug, there's a nifty little bitty utility called "Chainsaw" that chops zip files up into numbered chunks and creates a little batch file to glue 'em back together. You can "saw" up the big zip, but in on 3-4 floppies, carry it home in yer pocket and put it back together.

If you can't find it on the 'net, e-mail me and I'll send it to you.

-Old Dog

I haven't downloaded any of the mod packs, believe it or not. I just wanna play, play, play. Also, I knew that I was gonna be getting a new PC right around the time CM shipped, and didn't want to fiddle around getting everything just right and then have to do it again. Then my new PC wasn't up to snuff, and now I just don't have the time to even worry about it. Maybe in the new year (some changes happening in my life maybe) I'll have more free time, and home internet access.

DjB

You're kidding me! You're still playing with the stock CD textures? confused.gif

What are your current computer specs?

I've got a pretty average system, actually getting to be considered a low-end machine right now and I'm running loads of hi-res mods.

Gonna upgrade real shortly though to probably a AMD 900MHz Thunderbird. Depending on prices that is.