Further TCP/IP info

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

OK, we are just trying to make sure that a bug reported earlier isn't a big deal for now. If it isn't, the patch will be posted in a few hours. If it is, it will go up tomorrow night.

I'll let you know which it is as soon as we decide :)

Steve

Guest Madmatt

Well one thing to remember, This is BETA CODE. That means it's not supposed to be perfect and there will be bugs. Thats why this isn't the official release but its VERY stable so far as far as the network code goes.

One thing to also realize is that you will be running Debug code and as such the game will run a little slower than before. This is done so that a special file called the errorlog.txt can be created. Be SURE to include that with any bug submission you send in. There is FULL documentation and a form to fill out for this process. The errorlog will be created at the root of your Combat Mission folder.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-28-2000).]

Guest MikeToth

Being a software developer myself, I must say that your customer (or should I say "Fan") service is excellent..... we'll be patient, all good things come to he who waits..... better to get it 100% right the first time than 80% and have to re-visit it again and again.... nice to see that this is not a "slap it in and worry about the bug fixes later" operation....

You guys are top notch.... keep up the good work....

Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

One thing to also realize is that you will be running Debug code and as such the game will run a little slower than before. This is done so that a special file called the errorlog.txt can be created. Be SURE to include that with any bug submission you send it. There is FULL documentation and a form to fill out for this process. The errorlog will be created at the root of your Combat Mission folder.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a darn good idea. Who came up with it?

I love how CM has so many of these features, like Autosave and the escape key bailout for Macs.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

Guest Lord General MB

Sirs,

What is the big hubub over TCP/IP? I never play PBEM anyway. TCP/IP seems like a rather small improvement to me.....

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Never play pbem? IMO That's like never putting cheese on a hamburger or driving a porsche 60mph. Stop and smell the Rose's. smile.gif

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Sirs,

What is the big hubub over TCP/IP? I never play PBEM anyway. TCP/IP seems like a rather small improvement to me.....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lord General MB ever one eles wonts it though!

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Join or get more info on Rob's CMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Board

BHQS board

On a side note I actually thought I was good until I played pbem. That will teach my brain for thinking. smile.gif

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Sirs,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You never play PBEM? You're kidding right?

Then you haven't really played the game. I mean the AI is ok, but against a real opponent the game is FAR better.

Sorry you see no need to TCP/IP, but I think you're the only one.

Guest Lord General MB

Soldiers,

Woh.. woh..

I don't play PBEM. I never said don't make TCP/IP! I like to hotseat with some freinds (Were running a HUGE game). So yah I've played other poeple..... I just don't like PBEM, and/or TCP/IP.

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Soldiers,

Woh.. woh..

I don't play PBEM. I never said don't make TCP/IP! I like to hotseat with some freinds (Were running a HUGE game). So yah I've played other poeple..... I just don't like PBEM, and/or TCP/IP.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you know its not even out yet. :?

Guest KwazyDog

General, if you like Hotseat, I think youll find TCPIP 10 times as good. Both players give their orders and watch the movies at the same time, you really cant get any better than that smile.gif

Dan