Jabo Questions and Observations

TZEENCH,

I currently have one in action in a PBEM game. It completly ignored a Jabo that dived on a target 100 meters away, yet is happily eating my opponents infantry alive, a half squad at a time biggrin.gif

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

the test,

I'v put some PZIV, tigers, JT, KT, JP, P, and some other tanks wich main gun was larger then 50mm.

Also some HT with standard MG-guns on it.

Not one of the tanks shot at the planes, no tracers, nothing.

IF IRC, the famour first AAR of Fionn, where he lost HT's and panther due to jabos, he said that in the final version the HT would shoot back at the planes. I'not seen it happen yet.

So there is no modelling of AA-guns on the german tanks? If someone has screenshots that show ORANGE tracers being fired at planes, plz post.

Madmatt, Fionn help...

Tzeench,

there are a few HT with AA-capability.

one with a slow 20mm turret, one(well, more an armoured truck) with a quad 20mm and another with a 30mm. And the AC, 234/1 with a 20mm.

they do not have to turn to fire, but when faced in the right direction, they react faster, especially in the first case.

S.

hmm, can't see my first post, second try:

the test,

I'v put some PZIV, tigers, JT, KT, JP, P, and some other tanks wich main gun was larger then 50mm.

Also some HT with standard MG-guns on it.

Not one of the tanks shot at the planes, no tracers, nothing.

IF IRC, the famour first AAR of Fionn, where he lost HT's and panther due to jabos, he said that in the final version the HT would shoot back at the planes. I'not seen it happen yet.

So there is no modelling of AA-guns on the german tanks. If someone has screenshots that show ORANGE tracers being fired at planes, plz post.

Madmatt??

Tzeench,

"Has anyone tested the skf AA HTs?- Do they have to turn the ht to the back before shooting"

Nope, the AA-HT and AC have rotating platforms or turrets (like the 234/1).

but the react faster when faced the right direction.

S.

Set up a QB just yesterday with an einsatz Kampfgruppe consisting of a Panther G / Tiger I / Jagd IV/70 / Nashorn / Lynx, backed up by an Ostwind and Wirbelwind. Gave the Allies 3 times as many tanks (mostly with 76mm or better guns), a few PIAT teams, and 5 Jabos (3 Reg & 2 Vet).

I did see both the Tiger and Lynx fire on Jabos --- they tracked 'em when within a few hundred meters, and fired MG rounds in the air (since it was at 90 degrees, couldn't have been anything else).

Outcome: The SPAA was suprisingly effective in keeping the jabo's off my back --- they even shot down 1 plane! --- several attack runs where broken off, and only one tank was lost due to rockets (the Nashorn). Ended up with only the Ostwind left alive at the end --- but all the Allied armor was toast!