Any word on 1.03?

Anyone have any idea on when we'll get the 1.03 update? Is there any possibility of it being released on the weekend?

It's hard to not sound impatient so I'll not try. I'm just holding off on a couple good PBEM games while waiting for a few small things to be fixed and was hoping I'd be able to get them started this weekend.

Of course, We all know that these kinds of posts are rather absurd. Really, should I honestly expect BTS to reply and say "Oh, sorry about that pritzl. We had no idea that you were one of the guys waiting for the patch. In that case, we'll get started compiling the latest version now and have it out to you in about an hour. Why didn't you say something sooner?" biggrin.gif

However, if that does happen, then that is what I would call customer service!

Is 1.03 the one that is finally going to include the TCP/IP play? PBEM is getting a little on the boring side, but hey maybe if I had more then CE and VoT to play it would be better. tongue.gif

Serious about the TCP/IP part though. Any ideas people?

Note: The one smilie in this post is the sole soldier on garison duty while the rest of the masses plan occupation raids on the shipping department and USPS so that they may establish marshall law and promote motivational exercises.

Guest Madmatt

1.03 does not include TCP/IP.

It does however contain all the fixes and additions that 1.02 had (upped DYO points) and a few new things (new random settings for some DYO parameters, tweaked point cost on some units etc..) as well as many fixes and tweaks that have been mentioned around the forum.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 07-09-2000).]

Guest aaronb

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

It does however contain all the fixes and additions that 1.02 [...] as well as many fixes and tweaks that have been mentioned around the forum.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No exclamation marks. Must be a slow day.

The reason Pritzl asked, and I'm asking, about 1.03 is PBEM's. I don't want to start a bunch of them and have 1.03 out in a week. So, if any 'in the know' people have an ETA, let us know.

I'm fairly positive that 1.02 has not and will not be released in a patch. Just the Demo was updated along with any new CDs purchased. We will get the 1.02 fixes with 1.03.

------------------

Smoker out.

[This message has been edited by Smoker (edited 07-09-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thomasj:

Just to keep this one up top.

I really want to know if the TCP/IP is going to be in the 1.03 patch that is forthcoming. smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Madmatt answered your question correctly. Do a search and you'll find an official message from BTS in regards to this. In that message they had stated it would take at least two months for the TCP/IP patch.

1.01 PBEM will not be compatible with 1.03. But if you load an 1.01 PBEM file in your old and trustworthy v1.01 and just Save it, you can then open the save-file with your shiny new 1.03 and continue the PBEM.

No need to cancel any PBEMs because of the patch.

TCP/IP will not be in the v1.03.

Sten

1.01 and 1.02 are compatible. 1.02 has not been made available for download, you can only get it when you received a CD from the second edition. 1.02 and 1.01 are almost the same.

1.03 is in preperation right now. It introduces a change in the PBEM engine and will therefore not be compatible with 1.01.

That's, in a nutshell, what I know about it so far... (if I remember correctly)

------------------

"An hour has 60 minutes, each minute in action has a thousand dangers."

- Karl-Heinz Gauch, CO 1st Panzerspähkompanie, 12th SS Panzerdivision