PBEM Trouble. Anyone see this one before?

I am in the midst of a PBEM game. I am playing the United States. We are on turn 14. I received his file after turn 13. It was the movie segment. I watched it, then sent it back. He did his thing and sent the file back to me. Here’s the trouble, when I open the file to do my turn it wants the Axis player’s password. What went wrong? I’ve been playing the Amarican side, and have always been prompted for the Amarican password. I know he looked at the file I sent him, because it was renamed from 14a to 14bb.

------------------

Semper Fi.

Hi Jarhead

I remember reading an article concerning Westfron pbem. It may be something Wild Bill wrote before thegamers.net design was updated. It is a very usefull guide, keep it handy when playing pbem. Try asking for this document on this forum, somebody may have it close by.

Back to your problem:

It looks like you and your friend are using different filenames for every turn. I think this is a bad habit. Using the same filename excluded the probability of mixing the turns. If you extract your opponents turn directly in your pbem directory the only task you got on your hand is to open CM, choose Join Multiplayer Game, choose the pbem option and load the file. You never had to worry about what the name of the file is because it is always the same, and when you finished your turn just overwrite the file and send it back to your opponent. Ask your opponent to go one step back, starting with the turn you send. Remember to take a look on the timestamp every time.

Best regards

Henrik Malmvig