One for the Patch

BTS, could you fix up the roads so bunkers & pillboxes cannot be placed on them, just as they cannot be placed on marsh, water etc.

I made an allied attack scenario giving the axis 5 wooden bunkers, 9 times out of 10 the AI places them in a nice neat row one behind the other down a sealed road !

Looked a bit bizarre not to mention blocking the main highway smile.gif

Slatersdog:

When designing the scenario, place the units where you want them. Then right click on it and choose the lock option. The AI then cannot setup the unit where it wants when the scenario is played.

Didn't know if you were aware of this or not.

------------------

Webmaster http://www.trailblazersww2.org http://www.vmfa251.org

[This message has been edited by Frenchy (edited 11-20-2000).]

Thanks Frenchy, I was aware of the padlocking option but was really thinking more of the pbem aspect if a scenario was to be used for that as well as single play, seems to me placing a pillbox or bunker in the middle of a road shouldn't be allowed, but as Olle pointed out, saves on buying a roadblock,

you can have a nasty roadblock armed with an 88mm smile.gif

Pill boxes were often placed on or very near streets. Did you ever see or read "A Bridge too far"? Remember the infamous pillbox on the bridge?

If BTS were to disallow pillboxes being set on roads then we could not accuratly portray such engagements.

Guest Madmatt

It used to be setup so you could't place bunkers on the roads but at the time I made the famous Hotte Dam, I suggested that it be allowed and it was put in.

There are hundreds of historical examples of both wooden and concrete bunkers being built across roads and streets and even in the middle of town squares and that is why it is now permitted.

Madmatt

Guest Big Time Software

Matt is correct. I think what Slatersdog has is an oddball situation that makes the AI do something rather silly smile.gif

Also keep in mind that the paved "plaza" tile is treated as if it were road, so outlawing pilboxes on roads would also prohibit them from being placed in those spots as well.

Steve

Thanks for the replies, after thinking about it a little more I could see situations where bunkers would be on road edges.

The sealed road in my scenario leads directly to a bridge on which is placed a victory flag, so the AI placed those bunkers right where they needed to be I guess.