OT web editing software

Just a question. I was wondering if anyone had some good web site software they would recommend. I've got some freeware editor I'm using now (total crap).I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Besides frontpage, I'm too damn cheep to spend $150 bucks on something I just piddle with. Something around $50 would be cool though.

Thanks

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

What do you want?

Retard software where there is not HTML, or something like CUTE HTML where you have to use your brain?

Ive seen some people make good websites with Flash 4, but its too damn expensive and you have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Mr. Demon

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS_PanzerLeader:

Dreamweaver/Fireworks is good stuff smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Second that. A friend of mine is a professional and uses it. Made by Macromedia, around £220 in the UK, so a bit pricy. But worth it.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Guest MantaRay

I have GoLive4.0, Dreamweaver and Homesite 4.5. I like GoLive the best, but they are a bit pricey and since I am not an HTML Pro...that is all I know that is good w/0 having a lot of HTML coding knowledge.

GoLive is really easy to get a hold of and they do have a trial version I think.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Guest Madmatt

CMHQ and CMHQ-Annex are both done 100% by FrontPage 2000.

Is it easy to use? Ehh sorta

Intuitive? About as much as a root canal i suppose.

Stable? Not really

Powerful? As long as you dont care if it works with Netscape it is

But damn if it isnt what I am most comfertable with so I now swear by it and AT it more often than not...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-06-2000).]

Hi Lorak!

I'd go for First Page 2000 by Eversoft.

It's completely free.

It's good.

Lot's of scripts, wizards, assistants etc...

A complete HTML documentation is included in the Editor, so you can check up the tags anytime.

Hope this helps.

------------------

visit lindan.panzershark.com

member of the Combat Mision webring

Just a question. I was wondering if anyone had some good web site software they would recommend.

GNU Emacs. The most powerful editor in existence and totally free. Not for the weak hearted, though.

Disclaimer: I'm a graduate student on computer science and I don't mind having to write the HTML tags by hand.

- Tommi

You may want to consider NetObjects Fusion 4.0.

I paid $300 last year. You can buy it on EBay for $50.

It comes with Allaire Home Site and some other goodies.

The software is primarily designed for providing corporate web sites. But I can't tell the difference between a corporate web site and a personal web site. Basically, you are just creating a bunch of pages and links between em. For your purposes, NetObjects Fusion will provide a fast, easy reliable tool for creating your web site. Net Objects will also publish the site at the touch of a button (publish whole site or simply the changes). Important for users with slow MODEMS (anything under DSL).

Go to www.netobjects.com and here is a link to a current offering on E-Bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=349402183

Richard