OT--- TNT2 video card

Sold my old war games dirt cheap. Picked up a TNT2 for 54.00. Any opinons on this card? Right now I am running a P2 450 256meg TNT1.

Besides the difference in megs 16 vs 32 does the TNT2 have any additional pluses? Thanks for the response.

sniperscope

Is it demonstrably faster than your TNT card? I thought I'd read the M64 TNT2 chips weren't much faster than the original TNT at resolutions higher than 800x600 and especially when using 32bit color depth?

Anand did a review, though unfortunately, he doesn't compare it with the original TNT:

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1058

$54 is still hard to beat, though. smile.gif

- Chris

Thats what I am trying to find out Wolfe. How it compares to a TNT1. I do not have any stats on the TNT2. I'm hoping to get an opinion from a TNT2 owner. As for my TNT1, I loved that card. Just hoping that the TNT2 will give even a slight boost to CM.

sniperscope

I've got a TNT2 card and it's one of the best ones I've bought.Runs CM just fine with all the options turned to the max.Also runs my other games(Unreal Tournament,Shogun,Motocross Madness 2) just fine too.I've been happy for th 10 months I've owned the card.

Plus Nvidia updates the refrence drives often also.

Downside to the card,it's starting to get a little old now.Plus in D3D,games can be very dark,you'll have to fiddle with the gamma/brightness a lot on your monitor.

-Monkeybutt

I'm not sure which version of the TNT2 you have. If it's the M64, then it's a fairly stripped down TNT2 (should still be better than a TNT1, but how much better I don't know). I have the TNT2 Ultra, and it rocks. It's not GeForce territory, but it runs CM with nary a quiver (also UT, Q3, Solder of Fortune, etc.). The only time I see slow downs is when I'm panning and rapidly changing views across the bigger maps. Even then the slow downs are short and it doesn't drop below 10 FPS (at a guess).

------------------

wako

"All models are wrong - some are useful.'' - George E.P. Box

Check out my CM webpage at http://ccpirate.webjump.com