Newb Confusion

I just purchased this game and started playing. I was wondering if there was a way to see the complete OOB for my side during a mission. I started a campaign and for the very first battle I supposedly have a battalion of 2 companies plus a weapons company and some miscellaneous support units. But I have at least 2 battalion HQs, and about 8 or 9 company HQs. Why do I have so many when I'm only supposed to have 3 companies? How do I see which platoons are attached to which companies? Does it even matter? Maybe I'm starting out with 2 big of a campaign, but I don't really know where to begin. To make it more difficult, using the + and - keys jumps all over the place, whereas I would like it to go from Company A HQ to Company A/First Platoon HQ, etc. Just point me to the correct reading spot if this has been covered before!

There is no easy way to see your OoB during a battle. Your scenario breifing should provide you with accurate information about the forces you will be commanding.

I'm not exactly sure if the Bat. and Co. HQs were supposed to be included in the scenario, but it could be that you set your force to 200% bonus. This would give your command a 200% increase in points, and thus many more troops. To see if this is the issue, go through the initial part of the battle again and make sure the handicap is set to "none" or 0%.

It really doesn't matter which platoons are attatched to each Co. HQ. Any Co. HQ will command infantry squads or teams from any company if the platoon commanders are killed, captured, or routed. In CMBB and CMAK, Co. HQs still can command troops from any company, but platoons are labeled as "1st platoon, A Company," or "3rd platoon, D Company," etc.

Hitting + will take you from a Company HQ to the 1st platoon HQ, but then it will cycle through all of that platoon's squads and teams before moving on to the 2nd platoon HQ.

I hope this was helpful, and it does kind of sound like your bonus option was askew.

Thanks for the help. I went back and restarted the scenario, making sure that there were no bonuses attached to other side. I had fewer units this team, so I must given myself a newb bonus the first time. But even with no bonus, I'm still having a hard time correlating what the briefing says I should have versus what I actually have. I imagine that it really doesn't matter, but I guess I was hoping for a more specific chain of command so that I would better understand how each platoon was structured. Even when I'm supposed to have just 2 companies and and weapons company, I still have at least 6 company HQs in the game. Maybe I'm just trying to hard to make sense out of the OOB. I thought that maybe I could figure out, based on the number HQs, Platoons, Teams, etc. how the the Company and Battalion was structured.

One way to see your whole OoB is to load the scenario in the scenario editor, and then view the forces in the unit editor.

The long way would be to organize your units on-map. Use the + key and go through everything that you have on the map. It will start with your battalion HQ. Every Then every unit from the first Company HQ to the next company HQ is part of that company. Everything that follows a platoon HQ and precededs a second belongs to the first platoon HQ.