Man I hope my CD dont cook (Arizona)

Another Arizonan here, if you all in Phoenix consider Yuma to be in Arizona that is. smile.gif

Nothing here yet............But hey, the Pony Express may ride into town next week.

[This message has been edited by Bratch (edited 06-20-2000).]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MantaRay:

I live in LA now, but went to HS in Phoenix. I went to Alhambra frosh year and then McClintock the next 3. I missed it until I went back last year and figured that there is still not much to do there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey MantaRay, I kind of did the opposite. I did 7th to 11th grade at Gilbert High School (back when Gilbert was 7500 people and a couple miles past the end of the freeway), and then my senior year at Brea-Olinda High in Orange County. Now I live in South Pasadena and work in downtown L.A., and I do some work for the City of Alhambra.

Gp;

OK, I won't tell ya my copy was in my Peoria mailbox today. Teach you to live in the east valley. Probably also shouldn't mention to those who preordered in '96 i didn't order till 2 weeks ago. Gotta go.........!!! biggrin.gif

Guest MantaRay

Supertanker,

Cool, weird how so many of us have similar lives. I think the LA area folks should get together and have some sort of CM party or club. Be very interesting.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

asl and the Chandler folks,

I don't have it yet but the mail hadn't finished being sorted so I'm hopful. I didn't want to bring this up but asl did, I only ordered mine a couple weeks ago as well. I aint bitching, I certainly don't have any right to and I don't deserve the product before any of you preorders (even you goofy Europeans smile.gif) But even so I keep looking.

Bratch, Yuma isn't even considered in the continental US... Oh wait thats Gila Bend. Never mind smile.gif why don't see if you can get one of those A-10 boys to express your package. I always see em flying round when I out there hunting. A couple of bastards even lined up on me and my truck for what I could only assume was a mock attack run. They weren't 100' over head when the flew past. Really pissed off the dog!

GreasyPig

Phoenix and Peroria have theirs, hopefully USPS is making its way south and east and really, really, really SW for Bratch.

Guest MantaRay

Yuma isn't a town, too amny Marines there. smile.gif And that Sonic has the worst iced tea in the entire world. Makes you wish you would have a heat-stroke.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Hey, I just wanted to say hi to some fellow Arizona players. I'm in the north valley (35th Ave and Union Hills).

Hello - Aikidorat, GreasyPig, Chris Jenkins, Bratch and asl.

I ordered quite a while ago and actually received my copy on Monday. I've been playing it nonstop! My wife is so proud of me....hehehe (Not!)

If there's an Arizona CM gaming convention in the future, count me in. I'll go in a heartbeat and share some of my gaming stories! cool.gif

Matt

Dang Chris,

I would have thought you to have it by now. Chandler/Awatuki(sp) aint that damn far from Phoenix. I now have little hope it will be in Queen Creek.

I guess the good word from BTS is that ALL US customers should have it by the weekend.

Not a bad day today 100 @ 25% humidity. The bad part is the air went out in my wifes car. Guess who got to drive it to work today.. its not that bad at 60mph.

GreasyPig

Manta & Greasy

Sorry about the A-10's you must have been hunting on one of our bombing ranges. The A-10's come out of Tucson. Only thing we have stationed here is AV-8B's.

Manta, I have good news, the Sonic was torn down long ago. Seems they were sited on a previously undiscovered WWII chemical dump site. You didn't really drink the tea did you?

Either of you ever walk though some of Pattons old camps near here? Some pretty interesting stuff still lying around.

During the mid 30's General Patton had his desert warfare training grounds here in the Arizona Desert. There were a number of camps spread out between Hyder Arizona and I believe Barstow California.

I worked a summer on a large ranch in Hyder and used to spend my off time walking through the old camps. The outlines of the tents, walkways, etc are still there where they outlined them with volcanic rock they had painted white. In other locations I have found literally piles of '06 ammo still in the old stripper clips. Of course among the natives the rumors abound about buried equipment, some saying even jeeps were dug up. I never found anything that good but have some interesting souvenirs.

Chris I know exactly what you mean. Nothing in Salt Lake today either and I'm getting nervous about the weekend also.

Danno, did you get it today?

Joe

------------------

Compliments appreciated, Questions answered, Death Threats reciprocated.

still no CM in ahwatukee. Hopefully thursday. May just have to check at lunch time. Should get here soon. Just thought I'd let ya know.

hi to all those from phoenix/Arizona. Too many to repeat now. Nice to meet everyone.

------------------

The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once

aikidorat,

let me know if you got it at lunch today! I have hope. Maybe they come in waves.

Panzer Grenadier,

Those A10s had my poor old ford dead to rights that day. But Ida givin em a good kick in the ass with my Browning Citori (ya right).

GreasyPig

Reckon we'll get a monsoon today?

GP,

wont be checking till around 3-4 today.

This darn work thing keeps getting in the way

will post once I find out though. If you check before then let us know.

I reckon either today to tomorrow, but sure would like it to be today. I'm ready to play some PBEM and quick battles!

------------------

GP, fellow Arizonians,

Wish I had better news to share, but CM is still MIA down here in ahwatukee. No PBEM for me tonite!

Oh well, reckon I'll have to do some house work instead. Oh joy!

(I think my Credit card snafu held it up, as I preordered the first or second day you could preorder, way back when. Darn CC company!

well, err, actually it was my own doing. I re-ordered per the directions, then sent an email to steve, but forgot I had changed email addresses, and didnt include my full name, so he didnt know who it was from originally. That couldnt have helped. Card was finally charged sunday, and based on info from other posts I bet it went out today or yesterday. May see it this weekend, but next week is looking more likely).

anyway, if it comes tomorrow at lunch time I'll let you know.

good luck, hope yours arrives today or Friday!

dave

------------------

Aint been home to check the mail, tried the PO this morn but it seems mail don't make it to the east desert till noon or so. Im having a hell of a time getting getting work done here. I have to release a new microcontroller this week and my mind just aint with it. Childish and silly I know. I think my kid handled waiting for her Barbie box better than me. I was great seeing her finally get it!

GP