Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Changing a vehicle silhouette to a different name

Maybe someone can guide me on how to do this. In CMFI I have changed the silhouette of the P-47 to a F4U Corsair for a mod I am working on. The silhouette is tagged for the mod. It shows up fine in game but still has the description for the P-47. How can I change the description. I assume there is a text string file or something.

On 8/24/2024 at 11:25 AM, dragonwynn said:

I assume there is a text string file or something.

There is a string file. I'm not at my gaming PC so I cannot look up where it resides but very likely it will be in there.

Note if you mod that file then your mod automatically becomes version specific and you must update it if any patch is made that touches the string file (which is 90 percent of them).

31 minutes ago, A Canadian Cat said:

There is a string file. I'm not at my gaming PC so I cannot look up where it resides but very likely it will be in there.

Note if you mod that file then your mod automatically becomes version specific and you must update it if any patch is made that touches the string file (which is 90 percent of them).

Thanks I’ll check it out. So I need to choose the one from the latest brz in the game directory?

13 minutes ago, dragonwynn said:

Thanks I’ll check it out. So I need to choose the one from the latest brz in the game directory?

I would start with the latest patch release .brz files. You can res explode more than one at a time. The file you are looking for is "strings.txt" or maybe "string.txt". The older versions will also have a strings.txt file but you need the latest one. If you modify an earlier one you will have a game with all kinds of random odd text all over the place and you will be sad 🙂

12 minutes ago, A Canadian Cat said:

I would start with the latest patch release .brz files. You can res explode more than one at a time. The file you are looking for is "strings.txt" or maybe "string.txt". The older versions will also have a strings.txt file but you need the latest one. If you modify an earlier one you will have a game with all kinds of random odd text all over the place and you will be sad 🙂

Thanks I’ll give it a shot