Beta patch problems....

Hello all, still having major lockups with this patch. Can't understand it.

My specs:

Athlon TB 900mhz

256MB Ram

WinME

DirectX 8

Geforce 2MX with 6.31 Nvidia drivers

SBLive 1024

ISDN 128k

My machine isn't unstable like this with anything else. I was using 7.17 drivers and downgraded, also upgraded DX to version 8. Even playing against the AI I can almost guarantee a system lockup resulting in a hard reset.

Ditch the 7.17 drivers, both Madmatt and I had nothing but problems with it. You can go back to 6.47, altho I am testing the 6.49 that were just released.

Rune

I've seen a few more lock-ups than is normal on mine as well.

I have a ; Compaq AMD 450 with a Nvidia TNT32, Win 98, DirectX 7, Essolo sound system. My drivers are 4.12 from the Jaton co.

Don't know if this is a fluke or a result of the beta patch.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

phil - can you play v. 1.05 without any problems or does it lockup also ? If it does, then there are probably driver problems still. You may have to completely uninstall your video drivers (killing .INF files and registry settings - if you know how) and install some "Standard PCI SVGA" drivers. At this point you could then reinstall the 6.31/6.47 NVidia drivers.

What may be important here is deleting registry settings associated with the NVidia drivers. I don't know of any in particular that would cause the problems that you're seeing. Hopefully there won't be any spurious DLLs/VXDs from 7.17 causing any potential problems.

Must just add that my Apple Powerbook 400 runs this game fast (faster than a PIII933 during one TCP/IP session and i was on battery power no less with wireless networking ... but i digress) and does not crash despite numerous PBEM, TCPIP games and many many mods. This is the best game going And i love it kudos all around!!!

-ray

P.S. I know that this might sound inflammatory but for the sake of many users with difficulties i thought i would point out that their are alternatives