Searching for players (CMBS and CMFI)

Hi! I am searching for players willing to play wego battles, 45min/1h/1,30h battles. Experience doesn`t really matter, I myself am at an beginner/intermediate level and I know all the commands by key which means you don`t have to wait half an hour for me to give orders. I started playing a lot of CM a month ago or something like that and I am amazed by the sheer realism and the awesome gameplay CM provides so much so that i`ve deleted steel division and ostfront and won`t be going back, they feel so childish. I currently own only Black Sea and Fortress Italy. If anyone is interested send me a friend request on steam ( dom'Sergent ) or we can hook up here. 

21 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Otherwise, if/when I'm less busy I'd be happy to oblige.

Ha! At last count, we have 1 ongoing, and 2 future major battles planned. I don't see you not being busy for ohh, at least 2 months. 😁

@Sergeant Now...I on the other hand have the spare time for a match against you...but I do not have CMFI or CMBN...just CMFB & CMRT

24 minutes ago, cbennett88 said:

Ha! At last count, we have 1 ongoing, and 2 future major battles planned. I don't see you not being busy for ohh, at least 2 months. 😁

That's a fair point, plus a few other things going on.

19 hours ago, Centurian52 said:

I might be up for a fight in CMFI. I have at least a couple scenarios that I've been ignoring because they say "H2H only", and I'd be interested in giving them a go.

Let`s go! I really want to play against a human mind and see how things unfold. 

25 minutes ago, Sergeant said:

Let`s go! I really want to play against a human mind and see how things unfold. 

Ok, how about Caltagirone? American attack against a German held town in Sicily. Plenty of tanks, artillery, and mechanized infantry for the Americans, and lots of infantry, anti-tank guns and dense urban terrain to hide in (on a dominating hilltop position no less) for the Germans. Which side would you prefer? I may have to wait until after I get back from work to actually get the game started up, but I'll PM you the password once I do.

2 hours ago, Centurian52 said:

Ok, how about Caltagirone? American attack against a German held town in Sicily. Plenty of tanks, artillery, and mechanized infantry for the Americans, and lots of infantry, anti-tank guns and dense urban terrain to hide in (on a dominating hilltop position no less) for the Germans. Which side would you prefer? I may have to wait until after I get back from work to actually get the game started up, but I'll PM you the password once I do.

I`d prefer the germans as i`m surely not as skilled as you are, altough the americans have superior firepower, defending would make me a more robust adversary. The map seems fun, that hilltop position sounds like a bloodbath in the making. Set up the game and PM the password and we`ll see eachother on the battlefield. 🫡

50 minutes ago, Sergeant said:

I`d prefer the germans as i`m surely not as skilled as you are, altough the americans have superior firepower, defending would make me a more robust adversary. The map seems fun, that hilltop position sounds like a bloodbath in the making. Set up the game and PM the password and we`ll see eachother on the battlefield. 🫡

Awesome! I'll get it set up as soon as I get home. You're definitely going to do fine. That position would be a tough nut for me to crack even against the AI.

Just so you're not at a disadvantage in terms of technical knowledge, there are a small handful of differences in 1943 tank/anti-tank combat from the 1944 combat people are more familiar with. Your 88s and 75mm Pak 40s can of course penetrate my Shermans from the front at pretty much any range, just like 1944. But your 50mm Pak 38s, which are more common than Pak 40s at this point, will struggle a bit more. The Pak 38 apparently cannot penetrate the front of the Sherman's hull (in my experience, though perhaps shooting down from your hilltop position will nullify some of the angling that makes the Sherman's frontal armor as good as it is), and I have only seen it achieve partial penetrations against the front of the turret (not that it's safe for me to sit there and take it, since even non-penetrating hits will tend to inflict subsystem damage). But the Pak 38 has absolutely no problem penetrating the Sherman's side armor. I have no idea how effective German 75mm infantry guns are against tanks, because it has been a very long time since I have seen one of my Shermans get hit by a 75mm infantry gun. I believe those are intended to be used mainly for anti-personnel work anyway, though I'd be surprised if they didn't have at least some anti-armor capability (too low velocity to have a useful AP round, but they may have a HEAT round). You will also notice that your infantry don't have any Panzerfausts or Panzerschrecks. Those don't start appearing until late in 1943. I'm honestly impressed that they are so common by June 1944 given how late their initial appearance is.

To sum up, you can set up your 88mm and 75mm anti-tank guns however you like. You'll want to set up your 50mm anti-tank guns for flanking shots. Your guess is as good as mine for how best to use your 75mm infantry guns. And you have no infantry-carried anti-tank weapons at this point in time.

2 hours ago, Centurian52 said:

Awesome! I'll get it set up as soon as I get home. You're definitely going to do fine. That position would be a tough nut for me to crack even against the AI.

Just so you're not at a disadvantage in terms of technical knowledge, there are a small handful of differences in 1943 tank/anti-tank combat from the 1944 combat people are more familiar with. Your 88s and 75mm Pak 40s can of course penetrate my Shermans from the front at pretty much any range, just like 1944. But your 50mm Pak 38s, which are more common than Pak 40s at this point, will struggle a bit more. The Pak 38 apparently cannot penetrate the front of the Sherman's hull (in my experience, though perhaps shooting down from your hilltop position will nullify some of the angling that makes the Sherman's frontal armor as good as it is), and I have only seen it achieve partial penetrations against the front of the turret (not that it's safe for me to sit there and take it, since even non-penetrating hits will tend to inflict subsystem damage). But the Pak 38 has absolutely no problem penetrating the Sherman's side armor. I have no idea how effective German 75mm infantry guns are against tanks, because it has been a very long time since I have seen one of my Shermans get hit by a 75mm infantry gun. I believe those are intended to be used mainly for anti-personnel work anyway, though I'd be surprised if they didn't have at least some anti-armor capability (too low velocity to have a useful AP round, but they may have a HEAT round). You will also notice that your infantry don't have any Panzerfausts or Panzerschrecks. Those don't start appearing until late in 1943. I'm honestly impressed that they are so common by June 1944 given how late their initial appearance is.

To sum up, you can set up your 88mm and 75mm anti-tank guns however you like. You'll want to set up your 50mm anti-tank guns for flanking shots. Your guess is as good as mine for how best to use your 75mm infantry guns. And you have no infantry-carried anti-tank weapons at this point in time.

Thanks for the useful briefing. I have the impression that altough the combat mission community is small by comparison to other game titles in terms of numbers, it is otherwise in terms of quality of great caliber. Cheers for the great community here! 

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

I assume its a 7.5 cm le.IG 18?  If so, 4 HEAT rounds as standard.  HEAT rounds are very capable against things like Shermans.

Yes, and the subsystem damage to tanks is also nothing to take lightly in any situation. 

3 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Glad you two got this going, let us know how you get on (with warnings for spoilers of course 😉).

I will definitely post anything worth seeing/mentioning. 

10 minutes ago, Sergeant said:

I have the impression that altough the combat mission community is small by comparison to other game titles in terms of numbers, it is otherwise in terms of quality of great caliber. Cheers for the great community here! 

Nicely said 👍.  I've only been here for a few years (not like some of the old buggers 😉) but I've never had a bad experience with anyone and at the same time I've had a lot of good experiences.