Resolution, here's how you do it !!!!

any people like to play CM in 1024x768 or higher, but don't like the fuzz around it.

Well NO MORE i say smile.gif

Download the program calld Qres (was a feature of w95) and install it. Now create a shortcut to CM.exe and go to it's properties.

Select the tab "qres", turn it on, choose you wanted res of the game AND your desktop when quitting, and you're all set.

Qres also can change your clor-depth which is great for the old-games requiring 256 colors smile.gif

here's the link:

http://www.berend.com/qres.html

Have fun, and do sent some money to thank me smile.gif

My apologies, but at the risk of appearing stupid, what are you saying this program will do for me?

I am presently playing at 1280x1024. I am always interested in something that may improve CM's performance.

Thanks

Jonathan

Frey,

when playing in such res. you probably DON'T want to change the res. smile.gif

Many people though, including me, have their desktop set to 800x600. When we launch CM, it will be played in 800x600 too since it can only use your desktop setting or lower.

This program can make CM run in 1024x768 (or higher) without the need to change your desktop manually all the time.

It's a program ment for lazy people i guess smile.gif

I don't suppose anyone can give a quick walk through on the process to do this for the more computer illiterate among us please?

I've downloaded and installed Qres OK but now I have a long, skinny desk top and while frigging around with settings I've managed to end up with a totally black screen. I've re-started etc and I can see the Win 98 opening screen but from there the screen is black.

(I'm posting this from work in case your'e wondering )

HELP!

Stuka,

Qres should only start working when pressing a hyperlink. You might want to turn your desktop back to normal using the display-properties (right-click on desktop, go to properties, change the res and colordepth to what you want, press oke).

When you create a hyperlink and change the settings in the Qres-tab, make sure Qres turns your default-settings back after closing the program (in this case CM).

This is an option in the Qres-tab, which you can find by pressing right-mouse on the hyperlink, go to Qres, and change the settings.

Hope this helps.