Explosion noises

43 minutes ago, Tom Konczal said:

Is anyone else getting explosion noises and aircraft noises during the replay of a saved game when now using version 2.10??

Haven't noticed any yet - I assume you mean random noises that you weren't expecting?

If I am remembering correctly, which is becoming a big "if" for me with age, the aircraft noises are something you might hear for a turn or two after upgrading a game in play to an newer patched version of a CM game.  Can't say I ever recall hearing unexplainable explosion noises.

You can get that when you upgrade a saved game and run it in a newer game version. It should / usually goes away after a minute or two.

7 hours ago, _Itchy said:

have yet to update to the same version.

You guys should all be playing using the same version. It is normal for playing different versions to not work at all and the few times they do it is no unusual for you to end up with corrupt files. Just don't do it.

On windows it is easy to install a separate version so you can run the old one or the new one. So, if you have laggarts you can keep playing them and also have some fun with the new game. 

17 hours ago, _Itchy said:

Yeah I get that. They will get round to upgrading, I was just pointing out to the OP a possible cause.

Oops sorry I thought you were the OP saying that some had upgraded and some not.

I get it now.

Yes, as you said both sides (all sides) need to be on the same version and upgrade at the same time.

To the OP @Tom Konczal you can get that noisy effect when upgrading a saved game or a PBEM. It should go away after a minute or two. If it doesn't then there is not anything that can be done, other than going back to the old version and replay a few turns and wait to upgrade after you are done with your game.