WAD? Bug? Trick to make the same arty spotter to call upon two separate arty requests

I am using the CMSF 2 as a showcase here as I just noticed this trick during my USMC campaign.

As you know, CMx2 only allow one arty spotter to request one fire mission. Unless it is the deployment phase, a fire mission request during the game will block other arty assets. For example, the spotter team #1 request the 155mm arty mission, and you cannot select the 120mm mortar. 

pFmg0KF.jpg

However, if we select the spotter team #2 , click the requested arty assets (showing busy) and click "go to the spotter" that brings the unit panel information back to spotter #1.

wGjPRq4.jpg

And here is the trick, although other assets says, "Spotter busy", nothing stops you to select these arty assets to issue a new arty mission. The spotter will do the spotting at two different locations and later these two missions are successfully fire for effect. 

dWgI3Rf.jpg

KnSlC8Q.jpg

sob09zk.jpg

PPeYLQ8.jpg

This is a bug , I guess?