BTS - Suggestion for Interim Solution to "Preview" Feature

"At some point we are going to introduce a sort of "preview" feature. This will allow the second player to see the settings the first player chose. That is really all that is needed, but we aren't sure when we are going to do it. Probably not until CM2. Conceptually it is easy, but it involves some involved coding and testing."

Steve

With regard to TCP/IP play, at least, could the host computer send the QB setup parameters to the connecting computer in the form of a chat message? I.e. a message like "1500 pt. German attack, modest hills, overcast weather, etc." generated by the host computer as though it were a chat message. This would let the non-host player double check the "accuracy" of the set up and might be simpler to implement than additional screens and coding.

Yes? No? Maybe?

L4Pilot

I agree that this would be a nice interim solution. A preview screen, while of course cosmetically superior, is not necessary. Just the information in text form would be good enough for me. If a preview screen is added at some point to CM, so much the better.