King Ludwig

Flibby

Does anyone have any tips for this interesting scenario?

I see two options really. A steady assault up the middle, towards the enemy held reverse slope, or the approach I took which is a right flanking one to try to fight along the enemy MLR on the slope.

There are some particularly nasty 20mm Flaks and no tanks to assist. The Vickers MGs struggle to find meaningful angles also.

ItΒ΄s a while ago that I played it, but as I remember I got a total victory (setting Iron/turn based) using a leapfrogging advance right up the middle. Take care to make minal steps forward using the majority of your force for supressing fire. Concentrate on heavy wepons. The enemy will finally run out of ammo.
In these games infantery generally tends to run to fast and get exhausted soon, compared to reality. So advance just one square where possible (depends on terrain of course, which you should assess carefullly). Good luck!

Edited by wolfgang500

16 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Have you been looking at my recent PBEMs πŸ˜‰?Β 

Good advice thanks, I'm always in too much of a hurry hoping to get somewhere before someone else does πŸ™„.

No, I did not. I do not play in Internet. It is only my own expierience. I always try to stay as close to reality as can be, even if that causes some disadvantages. But not overstrainig your infantry is no disadvantage at all