Tank Crews

Playing "My Honor is My Loyalty" scenario as the Germans. One thing that I've noticed after slogging it out with British tanks is that when one of my Panthers is kaputski, there is no longer a tank symbol over it at all. Yet as I peruse the German side to see what tanks are still viable, one 'regular', i.e., functional symbol, continues to hover over one of my Panthers. When I click on it however, it constantly says "dismounted". Is there really any way to get its crew to 'remount' that tank? If not, why is the game engine still showing that tank as technically functional?

Once they are no longer panicked and are able to take your orders, you can have the crew for that tank mount up and continue the battle.

If they took any casualties, they won't be as effective as a full crew, but they will crew accordingly to be able to move the vehicle and fire the weapons as best they can.

Dismounted tanks can be recrewed if at least 2 men of the crew are up and running. 

If the crew was forcefully separated from their tank (penetration) they will take a few turns to get out of their panicked state and be controllable again. 

However don't bother if a crew has only one man left because as soon as he gets in the tank he will get out again immediately and the tank will now be labeled as "destroyed" (and adds up to the AAR screen). 

Don't ask me why that is but I had it with an IS2 once and observed it multiple times with other AFV after that. 

So if you just want to drive your tank back into safety with one man, just leave it. :D

Edited by Brille