Quick Battle / Manual Discrepancy vs. Game Reality?

I tried searching, but to no avail.  Here's the issue.  I notice that quick battle scenarios often "automatically purchase" often picks some really stupid unit mixes.   According to the manual, it states on page 52: 

"Combat Force – the composition of your task force for the quick battle can be selected here, e.g. Infantry only, Armor only, etc.. These choices are based on historical formations, but are additionally balanced for QuickBattles. See “QB Purchase Restrictions” later in this chapter for details. Two additional choices are always available as well: Mix (which means that units of ALL branches are going to be available for the QB, without restrictions), and Random (which means that a Combat Force setting will be randomly selected). Type – this defines the rough composition of the unit based on the previous choices. For example, for an Infantry Branch, the choice could be Heavy Infantry, Medium Infantry or Light Infantry, defining the TO&E as well as available weapons and formations."

I have been UNABLE to find the "type" button anywhere!  It seems like this was a real thing, but I've been playing the game for years and it seems like this feature (in the bold language, above) simply got dropped from the release (i.e., the game) itself.  Am I missing something?  It seems like this added feature really would have helped further define purchasing in a way that would make sense for the AI selection of forces, rather than some of the dumb unit mixes I've seen.  Has this been explained anywhere?

You can't imagine what certain humans I play against are capable of selecting. All of his forces are machine guns and 60mm mortars, with dozens of artillery tubes and a pair or two of Scouts or just Tigers and the 0 rarity Panther. It's quite unpleasant to encounter such games.