Prepare for a Big Mac Attack! MDMP-MAC COMING SOON!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Since the earlier annoucement got buried in the Tech Forum I figured I should make a hooha fanfare over in these parts. So here is the news!

Yes, I guess now would be a good time to annouce this. Coming soon will be the first public release of MDMP-Mac!!!

Soon you will enjoy all the fabulous enhanced graphics and textures in your Mac versions of Combat Missions. The conversion of the MDMP-1 Graphic pack is just about wrapped up with a planned distribution being scheduled for next week. The sounds will take a little more time to do properly but WILL follow on.

We are also looking for at least one more Mac person to lend a hand in this conversion process. Idealy this person would have a fast connection to the net, the knowledge of conversion utilites and Mac file structure, the full game (no doh!), and experience in sound files and recording techinques on Macs. This person would also need to be utilized as a Mac tester for the other components of the MDMP-Mac's that are planned.

This is a JOB though! Long hours, hard work and dealing with my inflated ego are the GOOD parts! There is NO money to be made and it's doubtful you will ever get the attention deserved but you WILL get the chance to work with a devoted team of very talented people that want Combat Mission to reach even higher levels of graphic and audio splendor. You will also get a chance to see and hear stuff that, to now, has been the sole stompping grounds of Steve, Charles and the BetaTesters. Send me an email if you are interested and can commit the time and knowledge to help out for the longterm!

Thanks and Mac On! Or whatever the hell it is you Mac weirdos say! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Thanks and Mac On! Or whatever the hell it is you Mac weirdos say! wink.gif

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What joy! I suffered serious depression when I first realized this mod pac wasn't available for our platform. But now, the hand of cross-platform brotherhood has been extended. And you can't ask for fairer than that from those Microsoft Lackey PC users! smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Buckeye,

both the hi and lo grass textures will be part of the MDMP-Mac download options.

Still working on the specifics, but I suspect that the hi res grass will be it's own download, as it is a huge file.

MadMatt will let you all in on it when we get it finished.

teaser:

the new ground textures for scattered trees and woods are incredible in the fall. You're gonna really like them.

(and the other mods are pretty cool too!)

dave

------------------

The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once

[This message has been edited by aikidorat (edited 06-29-2000).]

It's a take off of the old

Samurai Cat graphic novels. Seeing how I'm into martial arts (specifically aikido), and the rat part comes naturally from my last name, it was a natural for me. :)

and my pleasure to help with the mods, though it is taking away from actually *playing* the game. :) Lots of testing to make sure things transferred right. So far, so good, and we're looking forward to getting the patches up for download.

you'll like them. The team did a great job on them.

dave

------------------

The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once

[This message has been edited by aikidorat (edited 06-29-2000).]