Unit Portraits

I don't own Cold War but most of this CM stuff is all the same under the facade. 

If you want my help we can figure this out.

Are those ugly *** green images the stock images or is this a mod?

If it is a mod, then maybe the modder named them wrong. 

If stock then let us dig further.

Go back to the purchase screen please.

Is there an armor section, armored infantry (maybe Mechanized Infantry in the 1980's parlance), is there infantry?

Did you purchase this as an armor battalion?

If yes, then I would agree with you, I would sure think it would show the portrait of a tanker and the branch for armor.

Do you know how to use RezExplode and delve into the brz files? We can go see and maybe figure out if an error occurred.

Holler for me if you want my help. Otherwise, good luck to you brother -- I am headed back to the 1940's. :D

Edited by kohlenklau

Ugly green images being? :)

It’s all stock except for the unit portrait which is a mod here by laurent 22. I’ve attached pic of mod.

First thing I thought was mod so I took it out of the Z mod folder and tried again but still same effect.

Yes this was an armor battalion purchase and then deleted the other companies. So yes should show tanker symbols and portraits right.

I don’t know of but can check out RezExplode. What would I be looking for with it?

cheers

portrait CW.jpg

17 minutes ago, VictorCharlie said:

It’s all stock except for the unit portrait which is a mod here by laurent 22.

I will look for the mod and check it out. 

EDIT: Laurent is a good guy. He named it all perfect. That means it might be a game code error that "grabs the wrong bmp file" for the portrait and branch for certain formations purchased in a QB.

17 minutes ago, VictorCharlie said:

First thing I thought was mod so I took it out of the Z mod folder and tried again but still same effect.

You mean you saw the same exact image or the stock one is ALSO a non-tanker?

If you saw the SAME exact image after pulling his mod from your z, I must ask if you restarted CMCW, (reloads z)...?

Edited by kohlenklau

Ok I just went into the scenario editor and made a quick scenario. Based on the available forces these branch icons and portraits might be limited to the formations. That is only Armor are found in a Mech Battalion. Same with Soviets; only infantry are in a Mech or Armor force so they get either of those icons/portraits assigned. Might have solved the problem.

Edited by VictorCharlie

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Go back to the purchase screen please.

Is there an armor section, armored infantry (maybe Mechanized Infantry in the 1980's parlance), is there infantry?

Did you purchase this as an armor battalion?

I am trying to visualize it. Yeah, so it is different versus CM WW2 titles?

So, maybe not a bug it is just modern 1980's view of formations? 

EDIT: If it really bugs you, here are some quick fixes. Option A is modtagged [portraitfix] and Option B is not modtagged so full time you just see the tank commander. Grab it if you want. No big deal. Pay it forward.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/dc229ic76sf807wg7ch2g/h?rlkey=kwb2dz8ijt0kitmc9h5gc5crd&dl=0

Edited by kohlenklau