Returning to CM with Old eyes

Today I was busy re-installing all my old CM games in Steam, transferring keys from BF to Matrix to Steam.

I run them on a laptop, and because of my old eyes my laptop displays default 1920x1080 at 125%, but this gives very bad rendering especially of the UI text.

Going to the CM.exe properties -> compatibility tab -> change DPS settings -> ignore system scaling, gets rid of the bad character display in the UI caused by the 125%, but it makes the text too small for my old eyes.

So I edit display.txt to "1366 768 0" (choose a resolution that is possible in your windows display settings, otherwise it doesn't work).

Now I have decent quality graphics with large UI text.

I had done this successfully for CMSF2, CMRT and CMBS, but when I tried to do it with CMBN, I got a video driver error at start, because I had forgotten to modify the cm.exe properties, and the video card couldn't find a valid resolution.

Just posted this here so it may help some other poor soul.