Too many screenshots

I've been looking through all the screenshots on CMHQ, but think I may have overdone it.

While cycling to work this morning along a winding cyclepath, I was looking at the terrain and thinking to myself "Wow, this is really realistic, it looks just like the CM screenshots." My next thought was "Actually, this is reality." Scary.

Please release CM so I can stop worrying about reality.

You know you have been playing the game too long when you are setting off fireworks for new years, see a small rise and think: "Man, I could sit a StuG or two behind that and take out a company of Shermans!" and "Hmm... I could use the woods on the left for an infantry flaniking move to get a zook in position to clear out the armor behind that rise."

- Bill (who has played WAY too much CM)

Yep, that's exactly how it works. I'll be travelling somewhere and instead of thinking how beautiful the scenery is, instead I'll be thinking about how good it would be for armoured operations or whether I could site an anti-armour ambush in that bit of wood.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only sufferer.

Do not worry, it will pass rolleyes.gif

I had a similar problem which is currently replaced by the thought of how to best render passer-bys combat ineffective after Jiu-Jitsu training sessions. Equally annoying !

The point is that a mind wants to be occupied ...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Do not worry, it will pass <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I'd say : do not worry, it is absolutely normal...

When you're totally involved in something, such troubles might appear. I'm living in the French Alpes, and I can tell you that if you're looking for somewhere to make ambushes, and think about tactical actions, that is a prefect place... smile.gif I'm also glad to see I'm not the only sufferer ! When I brake a conversation because I suddently say " hummm, would be a good place to hide my Stug ", people usually look at me in a strange way wink.gif

Regards,

Olivier

Don't think you're weird for evaluating scenery in terms of tactical advantage rather than beauty. According to legend, von Schlieffen, the Kraut Chief of Staff who developed the plan for the invasion of France in WWI, was travelling by train with an aide who commented on the beauty of the river they were crossing. Von Schlieffen looked out the window and replied: "an insignificant strategic obstacle."

------------------

Airborne Combat Engineer Troop Leader (1966-1968)