Operation Tonga - Custom Buildings

References used are contemporary photographs. The buildings are 'unable' to reproduce these exactly so my creations are "based on" and "in the style of". 

LA CHAUMIERE: I have two photos for La Chaumiere. The most commonly published one with only the "La Chaumiere" sign on the side is older and not correct. It does not have the gasoline pump out front. But in Neil Barber's book, "The Benouville and Orne Bridges, Their Capture, Defence and Relief" there is a photo contemporary to the event. It has the gasoline pump and the advertising for Motricine gasoline painted on the wall. The older sign is absent but I added it anyway.

RESTAURANT YVON: This is the building on the immediate SE corner of the pont tournant, i.e. the bridge across the Orne. If one examines the photo with a magnifying glass the sign painted on the roof and the words CAFÉ and CIDRE painted on the front wall can be seen.

CAFÉE GONDRÉE: Again, CMBN buildings cannot reproduce the original exactly but the combination of red brick and stucco was already present on both attached buildings when it was still Café Duval. A photo taken shortly after the action show the (white) shutters closed during the day.

CAFÉ PIROT: I did not need to reskin this building because CMBN already has a near-match storey and a half post-and-stucco skin.

THE GARAGE: CMBN's garage is twice as big as the historical. Umlaut created a skin that has "ANTAR" painted on the wall. The original and my version has it painted on the roof. The advertising painted on the wall was discovered by magnifying the original photo.

The TRAM station: This is a poor reproduction of the original using one of CMBN's small barns. The original was one third post-and-stucco, one third post-and-brick; that is to say, the bricks were artistically arranged between the post spaces - very cool, and one third wood and glass. The tram tracks still existed, running along the tow path on the east side of the Canal de Caen, from Ouistreham to Caen and also originally turning to cross the two bridges and running to Ranville. It carries open-sided passenger cars. It was impossible to reproduce the water tower beside the tram stop. During Operation Deadstick, one unruly British para shot two A/Tk rounds through the water tower from the capture "French" A/Tk gun the the 'Tobruk'.

44 minutes ago, WimO said:

References used are contemporary photographs. The buildings are 'unable' to reproduce these exactly so my creations are "based on" and "in the style of". 

LA CHAUMIERE: I have two photos for La Chaumiere. The most commonly published one with only the "La Chaumiere" sign on the side is older and not correct. It does not have the gasoline pump out front. But in Neil Barber's book, "The Benouville and Orne Bridges, Their Capture, Defence and Relief" there is a photo contemporary to the event. It has the gasoline pump and the advertising for Motricine gasoline painted on the wall. The older sign is absent but I added it anyway.

RESTAURANT YVON: This is the building on the immediate SE corner of the pont tournant, i.e. the bridge across the Orne. If one examines the photo with a magnifying glass the sign painted on the roof and the words CAFÉ and CIDRE painted on the front wall can be seen.

CAFÉE GONDRÉE: Again, CMBN buildings cannot reproduce the original exactly but the combination of red brick and stucco was already present on both attached buildings when it was still Café Duval. A photo taken shortly after the action show the (white) shutters closed during the day.

CAFÉ PIROT: I did not need to reskin this building because CMBN already has a near-match storey and a half post-and-stucco skin.

THE GARAGE: CMBN's garage is twice as big as the historical. Umlaut created a skin that has "ANTAR" painted on the wall. The original and my version has it painted on the roof. The advertising painted on the wall was discovered by magnifying the original photo.

The TRAM station: This is a poor reproduction of the original using one of CMBN's small barns. The original was one third post-and-stucco, one third post-and-brick; that is to say, the bricks were artistically arranged between the post spaces - very cool, and one third wood and glass. The tram tracks still existed, running along the tow path on the east side of the Canal de Caen, from Ouistreham to Caen and also originally turning to cross the two bridges and running to Ranville. It carries open-sided passenger cars. It was impossible to reproduce the water tower beside the tram stop. During Operation Deadstick, one unruly British para shot two A/Tk rounds through the water tower from the capture "French" A/Tk gun the the 'Tobruk'.

Like I Said Wim cannot wait to download it, seem the time that you announce to be retired your activities are doubled... ...proposition to send you news "epoch decals" are always on, you know thar my first try was not so bad but I would prefer that the job is do it from "experts peoples like you", just that you know all files have to be first converted...so let me know, and courrage friend.

Edited by JM Stuff

2 hours ago, WimO said:

What is "epoch decals?"

"epoch decals" are names like you did on your roof "Motrocine Antar" or "Chocolat Meunier" from Umlaut..., publicity that exist only on this time, and not "Milka chocolate" from today for exemple so the choice is limited !

Edited by JM Stuff

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

"epoch decals" are names like you did on your roof "Motrocine Antar" or "Chocolat Meunier" from Umlaut..., publicity that exist only on this time, and not "Milka chocolate" from today for exemple so the choice is limited !

Ah. Now I understand, thank you. If I discover anymore that I can use, I will ask you thank you JM.

5 hours ago, WimO said:

Ah. Now I understand, thank you. If I discover anymore that I can use, I will ask you thank you JM.

Will be a pleasure !

Just a q with all yours mods are you using the JSGME and the Z folder or only the tools ?

Who have the last impact or effect in the game?

6 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Will be a pleasure !

Just a q with all yours mods are you using the JSGME and the Z folder or only the tools ?

Who have the last impact or effect in the game?

In my CMBN installation I use both z and JSGME.  The z dir is used for over 90% of my mods. I use JSGME only to swap a few mods in and out when playing campaigns and if I want to changed the vegetation using Falaise's Juin, Juillet et Auout variations. I have also added Septembre early and late.

The new buildings shown above are all extra idependent or modular building skins using the next (0#) number in the sequence. They are all in Z but once I reach the maximum permitted by the program then any more new skins will be swapped using JSGME. Another method for installing more than the program permits it to mod-tag them for specific scenarios.

The new buildings have no special effects in the game. They are only eye candy for player's with an obsession for historical recreation.

2 hours ago, WimO said:

In my CMBN installation I use both z and JSGME.  The z dir is used for over 90% of my mods. I use JSGME only to swap a few mods in and out when playing campaigns and if I want to changed the vegetation using Falaise's Juin, Juillet et Auout variations. I have also added Septembre early and late.

The new buildings shown above are all extra idependent or modular building skins using the next (0#) number in the sequence. They are all in Z but once I reach the maximum permitted by the program then any more new skins will be swapped using JSGME. Another method for installing more than the program permits it to mod-tag them for specific scenarios.

The new buildings have no special effects in the game. They are only eye candy for player's with an obsession for historical recreation.

"September early and later" can be only the color of trees red brown and perhaps differents tiles color of terrain, interesting... can you give more infos about...In PM if you want, but I think this could be also interresting for others members?

I guess your Z tree structure is  construct in the same way for every CM titles (except perhaps the winter) "no present" in CMBN? 

Just waiting to the next module with Brits and the rest of Usa and perhaps Frenchs to have it in CMBN.

Thanks Wim for all infos, in fact, you are one of the player's with an obsession for historical recreation and is good so. 😁

"Toujours avoir, le soucis du details"

Edited by JM Stuff

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

"September early and later" can be only the color of trees `ed bro`wn and peraps differents tiles color of terrain, interesting... can you give more infos about...In PM if

REPLY: I use Aris' terrain for my terrain tiles and (author unknown) for desaturated basic vegetation. After that to change the look of the doodads month to month I have integrated elements of Failaise Juin/Juillet/Auot and Hedgerow Hell's vegetation mods. The latter is pick and choose what you want. To change the look for September you can use the September [holland] vegetation for all September or just late. There is another mod at the FGM site if you want more colour early in September. I have packaged my choices and sorted them by month and plug them in and out using JSGME.

1 hour ago, WimO said:
3 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

"September early and later" can be only the color of trees `ed bro`wn and peraps differents tiles color of terrain, interesting... can you give more infos about...In PM if

REPLY: I use Aris' terrain for my terrain tiles and (author unknown) for desaturated basic vegetation. After that to change the look of the doodads month to month I have integrated elements of Failaise Juin/Juillet/Auot and Hedgerow Hell's vegetation mods. The latter is pick and choose what you want. To change the look for September you can use the September [holland] vegetation for all September or just late. There is another mod at the FGM site if you want more colour early in September. I have packaged my choices and sorted them by month and plug them in and out using JSGME.

Ah yes !

Aris,  was making really nice things also, to allowed

"the final touch"

Thank you !