HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM RUNNING LATEST PATCH VERSION?

John F

Which game is this and did you purchase it from Battlefront or elsewhere (Matrix, Steam, etc.) ? Unfortunately there's no 'auto-updater' for Battlefront purchased versions. The version number in the lower right hand corner of the initial splash screen should be the actual version of the game that you're playing. However this can get a bit confusing where there is an 'Engine Version' (the latest being the 4.0 engine) and the actual game version, which may look lower for newer games that released with later versions of the game engine (like CMFI, etc.). Typically if you've made a new purchase the download link should provide the latest version of the installer, but on occasion that does not happen (and you may have the second-to-latest version).

For Battlefront versions you can find the latest patches by going to the 'Patches' menu option at the top of the main Battlefront page (https://www.battlefront.com):

https://www.battlefront.com/patches

Battle for Normandy (CMBN):  4.04

Fortress Italy (CMFI):  2.11

Red Thunder (CMRT):  2.13

Black Sea (CMBS): 2.18

Final Blitzkrieg (CMFB): 2.03

Cold War (CMCW): 1.06

If you have a Matrix version, then those typically have released with the latest patches (same with Steam). You DO NOT want to use the above patches with a Matrix or Steam release (due to different copy-protection systems, etc.).

I suggest extracting the patch into a directory other than the actual game directory. During the patch installation make sure that the patch installer is pointing at the correct installation location of the game (especially if you have installed the game to a directory other than the default location). If you've extracted the patch within the game's directory, when the patch installer is run it's possible that the patch will get installed into an inappropriate sub-directory.

Edited by Schrullenhaft
Instructions weren't quite clear.

On 6/17/2023 at 8:53 PM, John F said:

I just downloaded and ran it but when I open the game its says v4.00

Your start game screen shall say something like:

"Game Engine 4

Version 2.13"

for CMRT.

Replace 2.13 by the version number in the post above for the other games. That way you know if you run the latest patch or not.

Edited by PEB14