Question for all you vets out there (esp Marines)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeJ:

Finally, the Marines are having the least amount of trouble with maintaing morale and keeping all their equipment functioning, so that makes sense too... Anyways, this has gone on pretty long, so I'll sign off for now smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure if you ever got your waiver worked out or not, But I can tell you the Army would most likely grant that waiver. Where are you located?

If you're interested in the Army, I can give you my number so you can call me and discuss the Army.

1-800-223-3735

ext 6-1998

Major Carnes

Thank you, I'm still waiting on the waiver, and even though the Marines is my first choice, I would be glad to discuss other options smile.gif Only problem right now is it still hurts to talk for any length of time, hopefully i'll be pretty much recovered by tomorrow or sunday though... Major, my main question about being accepted by another branch is that when I go to sign up I'll have to answer yes to the question, "Have you ever been rejected from military service?" Do you know if that would kill my chances? Thanks again to you and everyone that replied to this thread, this is a great community here

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeJ:

I'm hoping to either get infantry, intelligence, or security forces, assuming I can get them to let me in.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woo Hoo! Go Intel! Everyone rags on us intel weenies, but that's just 'cause they're jealous. smile.gif

------------------

"It's a boy!" - My wife's OB/GYN

Nov. 8th, 4:45am

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sgt Schulz:

Info on me: SSgt U.S. Air Force just past my 8th year as a Firefighter.

..the pay [in Air Force] is by far much better...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm... how?

A O-1, regardless of service is paid the same. Same for a E-1 or E-7 and so on.

Cav

------------------

"Maneuverists have a bad case of what may be called, to borrow from a sister social science, 'Wehrmact penis envy.'"--D. Bolger

Co-Chairman of the CM Jihad Brigade

"AS far as Steve and BTS (mostly Steve) are concerned, you are either a CM die-hard supporter, or you are dirt. If you question the game, implementation, or data models they used, you are some kind of neo-Nazi wanna-be, and become an open target for CavScout, SlippySlapDragon, and all the other sycophants who hang on Steves every word."-- Jeff Heidman [comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sgt Schulz:

Manta Ray-

Let me clarify, I meant to say more incentives. For instance for leaving my wife and son last year for 15 months I was paid $1200 for family seperation pay when I was leaving. Then to my amazment I was paid $1200 more when I returned. I spoke to a friend of mine in the Army and his jaw dropped when he heard this. I knwo that the pay grades are universal.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Army has seperation pay as well.