Master Maps

Hi ... you will note that there is no separate menu selection for maps. They are always part of a *.btt scenario file. So a "map" is really just a vacant scenario without units or AI plans. You can add what you like to the vacant scenario. You can use other scenarios and delete the OOB and AI plans and just start off with the maps as is. So maps are 100% portable, you just have to clean them up for your own design. When to go to Scenario Editor > New; the menu combines the design of the map, creation of the the OOB and the AI plans. Everything is in in one package. 

Hello kevin,

Thanks for your explanation. Appreciated.

Ok I understand now, even if it is a bit strange in terms of usability to find blank maps (or scenarios) in a 'New Game' selection screen. But of course it's not the end of the world.

I imagine that you are the same kevinkin who is playing Second Front?

And in case you wonder, yes I am the same Simicro as in SF forum.

Yep, my cover is blown. 

You can also use the large number of quick battle maps as starting points for scenarios. They don't have units, but you will have to delete the AI plans that come with the files. So you can take a huge QB map and pair it down to the area you want to fight in, then remove the AI plans and do the old "save as" to keep it. Then add in the OOB and your own AI plans and the scenario gets a huge head start. Small sandbox type scenario can be made in less then 30 mins once you get the hang of the AI plans.  

On 4/22/2023 at 3:19 AM, Paper Tiger said:

I'd imagine there are a few Second Front players hanging around these boards. ;) It's the nearest thing to ASL for the PC that you're likely to find.

There is this too! An ASL mod for 'Tigers On the Hunt' 😉
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdQSWxXvnd4

Smartwargames even made a macro for easier UI control.