Mysterious and unresolved Tech Issue with CMCW

ALBY

I am helping a friend move into a ‘new to him’ machine.  Unfortunately he is not super tech savvy.  I’ve built a few machines for my kids but I am really not that savvy either. 

All titles except CMCW can launch from the new machine with no issues. He has the whole series except CMFI. Again, they all work perfectly except CW. 

Cold War will not launch. Period. Blue circle spins for half a second then nothing. It has been activated successfully many times. 

thus far we have:

*installed all windows updates 

*used several different services to unzip the files including winrar and 7zip.

*Turned off windows defender and reinstalled CW (numerous times)

*rolled back Nvidia driver and rolled it forward again.  It’s an older Quadra NVS GPU. It’s running 385.12.  Rolled back from 389.08.  Just installed 392.68 and that does not work either  

*Reinstalled directx 

*tried turning off Realtek audio and launching 

the machine is Lenovo T530.  Machine was lightly used EBay special and runs great.  Frankly, I was shocked.  CMBS runs fast and beautifuL on it. Basically it is a business machine with a GPU.  It’s old enough that Nvidia no longer supports the GPU, so the drivers are ancient.  

*win 10 pro
*i7 3250M
*nvidia NVS 5400m GPU
*8gb ram

CMCW and all the other titles were all installed and working on other machines.  I believe CMCW may still be active on his backup computer but does not run well as the backup machine has integrated graphics.

there is a long-standing ticket active with battlefront and after some initial impressive weekend service he is still about 8 days into a service ticket with no solution yet identified.

has anyone in the community experienced this or have a suggested fix.

thank you 

Edited by ALBY