Manual question

Is my year-old manual Version 4.00 the most current?  Also as I will be purchasing SF2 I was wondering if this or any game for that matter requires anything other than 

my version 4.00 manual?  

Edited by lcm1947
Wanted to add another question about the manual

58 minutes ago, lcm1947 said:

manual Version 4.00 the most current?

The 'engine manual' is still version 4.00 as the engine has not yet moved on (fingers crossed as I say this).  Each game also has a manual of course.

It maybe matters not, depending on what you wish to get from the manual?

3 hours ago, lcm1947 said:

I was wondering if the more modern newer games like SF2 maybe required a manual of their own or so all old and new games use the same manual.  

I think they are all incomplete. Discover daily new tactics you can do, and the move tool needs a manual just by itself to be honest. The manuals are just too basic. 

3 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

I think they are all incomplete. Discover daily new tactics you can do, and the move tool needs a manual just by itself to be honest. The manuals are just too basic. 

Yeah I don't think there's anything in the manual you need once you've read through the different unit commands and crucially the interactions with artillery/air support.  The rest is varying degrees of intuitive.