Question Concerning the new FULL installation and Patches

So the games have now a full installation up-to-date download. The thing that confuses me is that: in the patch section over the games of Fortress Italy, Shock Force 2, Cold War and Black sea are listed things such as monte cassino master maps for CMFI, Updated Battle pack 1 for CMBS, updated campaigns for CMSF2 and Reworked Campaigns for CMCW. 

Are this updates included in the Full instalation of each game or is just the Engine 4 update?

i ask this because, so far i've just played CMA, (i own all the orhers) i want to install the rest of them but i want to know what to do in order to have a complete upgraded/updated experience.

Thanks in advance, 

2 hours ago, Victvs Veteranvm said:

So the games have now a full installation up-to-date download. The thing that confuses me is that: in the patch section over the games of Fortress Italy, Shock Force 2, Cold War and Black sea are listed things such as monte cassino master maps for CMFI, Updated Battle pack 1 for CMBS, updated campaigns for CMSF2 and Reworked Campaigns for CMCW. 

Are this updates included in the Full instalation of each game or is just the Engine 4 update?

i ask this because, so far i've just played CMA, (i own all the orhers) i want to install the rest of them but i want to know what to do in order to have a complete upgraded/updated experience.

Thanks in advance, 

Hi Victvs, welcome to the forums.

The current wisdom is that if you download the full installers; have the appropriate activation keys for each game, battle pack, expansion, etc; and that those keys are for the most recent version ie version 4 not version 3; then you can install from the full installer whilst activating the parts you have keys for. In your case it sounds like you have activation keys for all the most recent versions of the games plus battle packs etc. We have been told that the most recent full installation installers contain ALL the necessary files for the games, so downloading them allows us to install just the parts we have activation keys for, whether that be base game or base game plus battle pack, or base game and updates. If a full installer was released after a patch then the full installer will include the patch, this usually happened pretty quickly, so for example CM Red Thunder has just been patched to version 2.12 on engine 4, the full installer will contain this patch now or very soon.

To ensure that you have the full installer you should go to your Battlefront.com store account page (you'll need to log in). There you can find the activation keys you have purchased plus links to the full installers. These are different from the patches, available on the patches page on Battlefont.com, which are just patches for those who have already installed games from the full installer.

I hope this is all correct, you can always ping @BFCElvis for assistance if you get stuck or if my info turns out to be wholly bollox.

BTW your avatar is scary.

17 hours ago, Victvs Veteranvm said:

Thanks in advance, 

Excellent question!!! Seriously, an excellent question. 

The campaigns and maps are not currently in the full installers. Just like user made maps, scenarios, etc they can be added after installation. So there is no order for installation.  

That said, now that the tournament feature is working I've asked HQ to add these as each new patch is created.