Framerates lower than 25 makes shift+mouse clicks and mouse scroll almost unusable due to input lag/delay

JohnCamara

Has anyone else experienced this? It's quite common for the frames to drop to 25 or lower during huge battles. What makes it difficult is the input lag/delay that happens to shift + click and scroll wheel inputs. Mouse pointer movement on the screen is unaffected but trying to select multiple units using shift + drag click or scrolling up/down all get noticeable delays.

Keyboard inputs have zero delay at those framerates so why are mouse shift click drags/scrolls affected? Are they processed differently by the engine?

I'm having this issue with Black Sea.

Edit: Just want to add... the issue is most apparent with with the scroll wheel or shift + click dragging to select multiple units. Clicking I think is still affected but not as noticeable.

Edit2: After testing further, I think singular clicks are unaffected by input lag.

Edited by JohnCamara
wording

• JohnCamara changed the title to Framerates lower than 25 makes shift+mouse clicks and mouse scroll almost unusable due to input lag/delay

Just to clarify guys, I'm not pointing attention to the low frame rate. That's pretty much expected for battles in the "Huge" category. 

What I'm asking is anyone else experiencing input lag from Scroll Wheel or Shift + ClickDrag during low frame rates. You can force low frame rates on most maps by setting model quality to best. When your frame rate is around 20ish or below that, try scrolling the mouse. Is there a delay? Does it ignore your input then bunch up or queue after a few seconds? Compare it with pressing R or F. The keyboard should still be pretty responsive compared to the mouse wheel at those framerates. 

My Desktop is alright. 7700K 4.5ghz max clock and 2060Super. Does most tasks decently.