QB Probe, Attack & Assault

I am fixing the floating house roofs in the editor on some maps and my question is if there is any difference between the probe, attack & assault maps?

More then they are for different types of quick battles. AI plans, victory conditions and so on are all same or?

So I only have to fix the assault map and can save that QB map as a probe and attack as well.

There is nothing inherently different about the different types of QB map.

The mechanical differences are:

Attacker Force Ratios

Meeting Engagement: 1 : 1
Probe: 1.5 : 1
Attack: 1.65 : 1
Assault: 1.8 : 1

Terrain/Casualties VP

Meeting Engagement: 400/600
Probe: 500/500
Attack: 650/350
Assault: 750/250

When you load a map as a QB, it takes all of the terrain objectives and converts them into Occupy objectives for both sides.

The points are adjusted by ratio until they fit the above - so a map that had one objective worth 600 points, and another worth 200 points, and saved as a Meeting Engagement, would be adjusted to be worth 300 and 100 points respectively, since ME Victory points total 400 for terrain objectives.

The only other mechanical difference is that Assault maps give the attacker some prebattle intel.

Now, that's not to say that the same map will work equally well in all modes. It'll work from a mechanical standpoint, but there are clearly some maps which are better as attack/defend maps. Typically this has to do with the distance to objectives and the size of the setup zones, but it's not an exact science.

Irritatingly QB maps in the editor are still a black art.  Each of those maps under the different battle types could potentially have different AI plans and objectives even if the underlying map is the same.  How do I know .... I went through the whole first cut of the QBs for Cold War to check they had AI plans and setup zones for both sides and objective locations. 

The takeaway in relation to you fixing the building bugs is that fixing buildings on the probe version of the map and then saving it as an assault map may have unintended consequences.  My advice would be to crack open the AI plans and objectives for each of the battle types first and see whether they are different or not.  Clearly if they are all the same then all you need to do is fix the building glitches on one map and then save them under the different assault, probe etc naming conventions.  Conversely, if they are different then you will have to fix the buildings in every iteration of the map.