Spent One Hour Searching, Now I'm Going to Ask

Hey guys ..

I've been to your board at least 100 times and have read extensively on the game here at this wonderful meeting place you have made. Some great characters this community has spawned, some of the most unique anywhere on the web. I started caring less and less about the game particulars and more and more about how XXX was going to respond to XXX.

:)

Anyways, this is my first post. I hate to bother anybody. However, I need help. Today's my birthday and ya gotta like a wife that gets you Comabt Mission for a present. So, she must have been watching me viewing this board so much. I never asked for CM.

I spent about the last hour searching for a variety of messages I remember seeing on "MODS". I came up totally empty because it returned so many hits on the search.

So, my request is to point me toward some of the better mods, in your guy's opinions, or a master site with a listing of all the mods available.

As for the game, I'm adjusting my viewpoint. I'm an old "Third Reich" and "Squad Leader" player from the late 70's and I kinda felt a little silly with the guys running around on the screen and such. Never really played a wargame that didn't have NATO symbols. However, I adjusted my perception and realized that the engine underneath the graphics is astoundingly accurate. After this respect was earned, I began to look at the on-screen representations as just another form of a counter and it's working for me.

Hell I may even buy Quake after this

:)

Alright .. if you could help a fella out .. I'd sure appreciate it.

Thank ya a bunch for your time ..

Iron

[This message has been edited by Big Iron (edited 08-03-2000).]

Sure, all the Mods you need are located at one easy site.

http://combathq.thegamers.net

Great site ran by madmatt. If you haven't been there yet...Plan on stayiong a while. the AAR section is a great read also.

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

Sure, all the Mods you need are located at one easy site.

http://combathq.thegamers.net

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While you're there, stop in for a chat, the regulars there are always ready to welcome new victims...err...friends!

Mace

PS. Stay away from Muzzlehead though, he's dangerous! wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 08-03-2000).]

Guest Michael emrys

Yeah, she sounds like a real winner!

Say...is she looking for something to do while you play CM? Just thought I'd ask...

biggrin.gif

Michael

Guest Madmatt

So all this time you knew it was there but weren't readin it?!? Tsk Tsk Tsk...

Well I am glad to finally have ya under my web of control! BWAHAHAHA...

You are, or rather represent, the exact type of people that I wrote my new Madmatt MOD Guide for.

Its goes over all the available MODS and tells you what they have and how to add them. I even put them in order to help you get all the best and newest textures and sounds running.

Check it out and tell your friends!

CMHQ is there for you!

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing