Recorded video tips?

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything (maybe I don't know best keywords). I know several people make YouTube videos of gameplay and have read some discussion of certain mods or modes for better quality video. 

If I'm going to screen record gameplay (replay) what is the best settings or mods or way to do that?

I know there is a ctrl-M for some kind of movie mode, but I have no concept of what it actually does or how it helps. Just seems to make everything greyer  Any recommended mods for more cinematic effect? I have my settings at "Best" but still see clipping in the ground tiles (ie road in foreground is nice with painted lines, but not too far away it's just flat grey. 

I have NVIDIA if there are any recommendations on settings in the control panel.

Thanks all 

Using Reshade gives the biggest boost to the visuals of the game IMHO, coupled with texture and effect improvements which you can get at https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/ or just download a @37mm All in One pack which includes a lot of those visual improvements along with a lot of other stuff. As for Reshade profiles @jamxo has a wonderful looking one linked here

or you can just make your own through trial and error but his is a great starting point. All of this won't turn the game into a Picasso painting but I think it's a massive improvement over the vanilla look and feel. Here's a sample shot using both jamxo's Reshade with a little tweaking and 37mm's mod pack for RT.OTyvpMO.jpg