My Brother, in his Bradley M3 CFV

John Kettler

This picture of brother George Kettler just surfaced and was sent to him by his then Bradley M3 CFV commander, Dana Milner, and posted by George to FB so I could share it here. Though the picture dates well past (04/88) the CBCW timeframe (1978-82), it nevertheless is apt. At the time, he was gunner on the platoon leader's track, and the unit is en route to the gunnery range. George started out on the Bradley as a driver, then became, successively, gunner, track commander and platoon sergeant. In the pic, he's a sergeant, a gunner, and is chest out behind the ISU (Integrated Sight Unit). 

273996636_5174139779283813_2423985681313

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

• John Kettler changed the title to My Brother, in his Bradley M3 CFV

Splinty,

Correct. Was with the 2/11 ACR based at Bad Kissingen, FRG. His unit, G Troop, was deployed close enough to the IGB he sent me drawings of the guard towers and the guard dogs. If you have FB, he posts as George Kettler. Am sure he'd be pleased to hear from you. If you don't have FB, I'll send him the link to this thread.

All,

Per my brother in his FB reply to a question about what model Bradley M3 CFV, he told the questioner it was the Gen 1 version first deployed, not the M3A1. As such that makes the pic directly pertinent to CMCW, since it's what's in the game.

Regards,

John Kettler

Further info ref photo, George is in the platoon leader's track (the platoon leader, an LT, is the guy sitting on the turret top), and the rest of G Troop is behind his track. G Troop is about to enter the range as the first unit to conduct live fire that day, following range safety briefings. The red flag signals ammo is aboard, but the green one shows the ammo isn't in the weapons but still in the ammo boxes.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler